Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
10 years
Hi

I have a small avtex 15 inch tv that i like very much .it has a good picture and the sound with speakers in the front is perfect.Up to now ihave allways used it on mains electric on hookup,but over the weekend we stayed in a carpark over night in north Wales, so used the 12v plug that came with it. The red on light came on but i failed to get it to go with remote or manually so assume the 12v is faulty'

My question is .What size inverter would do?. I would also like to charge my laptop as well from it. I thought possibly a 350 watt should be enough .Any help would greatfully accepted.

Cheers Keith.(y)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
They are so cheap now I finding it difficult to recommend one.
I have paid £200 in the past for quality 2Kw inverters.

This one is only £36!
You'll also need an isolator from battery.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
You are probably only talking about a 300 watt one. I use a 300 watt one for all my needs. Remember you cannot use it for hair dryers microwaves heaters kettles and all that stuff. If you do wish to power other items like them you will have to get a much bigger one. Think about your leasure batteries if you go down this rout. Solar panels are a great idea so make sure you have some.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If the red light on the TV came on then it should work. However, if it isn't I wonder if the voltage is too low? Have you a voltmeter? The voltage should be over 12 but if it is much less then this suggests the leisure battery or batteries need replacing, assuming they are fully charged. Alternatively, you might have the wrong polarity in the 12 volts supply but this seems unlikely and the red light might not come on if it's an led.

OP
OP
surfbum

surfbum

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
10 years
Yes it was just to power the telly realy. I assume it will work on inverter just as it does on mains.

OP
OP
surfbum

surfbum

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
10 years
DBK

Any idea what voltage would read before telly wont work? 12.1v?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I doubt the 12v function is faulty as the tv IS 12vac.
It may plug directly into a 230vac socket but has an inbuilt 230v to 12v transformer.
Plugging into a 12v supply simply bypasses the transformer.

I second DBK......the voltage is too low whether it's the battery or resistance in the 12v lead, ie: poor connection etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back