A16 Is the lorry protest still going? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
We are travelling on the tunnel around 9am on Tuesday from France.
The reporting of the lorry protest seems to be non-existant so does anyone know if it is still going on?
We are avoiding the A16 and getting to the terminal on side roads but perhaps there's no need anymore.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I was in Calais on Monday. The blockade and protest was lifted that evening. Everything back to normal on Tuesday morning. No problems on ferries Wednesday morning.
There were 4 armed soldiers before check-in, then French customs, then British customs, then P&O.
On arrival at Dover I was invited into the customs line, offered passports but they were declined, the young lady was with Animal welfare and wanted the dog's passport!
He confirmed he had nothing to declare and his passport was in order and we were allowed to proceed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We were at Calais yesterday mid-morning. As ever, all good, no sign of anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Watching this with interest, we are on the tunnel early Thursday back end of November.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
we went over on thursday with no delays and came back yesterday again with no delays, i did cancel the trip but then rebooked it when i could see no issues. From what we experienced everything is normal :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back