Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
Hello

Is it possible to get a Trauma type heated with the flu in the floor?

Thanks

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
doubt it !

laws of physics says hot air rises so the heater would just go out due to lack of oxygen.

I did think of that but wondered if a fan assisted version was the solution.

Biggles

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
You can get Flu less Catalytic heaters, they use them a lot in boats. Dont know what the regs are regarding venting though.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I did think of that but wondered if a fan assisted version was the solution.

Biggles

never heard of a fan assisted flue Trauma but in any case the fan would draw a massive amount of power from the battery over a few hours.

fine on hookup but no good on 12v only:Sad:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there Biggles...

The answer to your question is a (sort of) yes!

I have such a heater in my current (self build) van. I took it from my previous self build and it originally came from a British Rail Workmans' truck.

It is actually a Carver which I understand was taken over by Trauma some time ago.

It is practically identical to the Trauma heater fitted to my 1987 Hymer (which has a flue going up to the roof.)

It is old (and probably against the health and safety rules nowadays) but has kept me warm as toast for over fifteen years now. It is brilliant.

Only need to cut a suitable sized hole in the floor, Pop in the heater (making sure the joints are air tight) connect up the gas and you are away.

It fires up every time even after the summer lay off. It is easy to service and I love it!

I could explain how it cleverly uses the fact that hot air rises in order to push the burnt gases out of the downward pointing flue but only if I am asked... I don't want to be too "geeky".

Best wishes...

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Kevin YES :thumb: mine does ::bigsmile: It can be mounted either flat or on end depending only on space.The flue / air intake is a flexi pipe inside a flexi pipe, inner one has to be about a foot longer than the other,simply gent up under the van :thumb:
I even told you where to get one cheap :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Biggles

Biggles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Kevin YES :thumb: mine does ::bigsmile: It can be mounted either flat or on end depending only on space.The flue / air intake is a flexi pipe inside a flexi pipe, inner one has to be about a foot longer than the other,simply gent up under the van :thumb:
I even told you where to get one cheap :thumb:
terry

Hello Terry

I am going there tomorrow :) Both places.

Kevin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back