Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hadn't heard but glad you are all safe.(y)
What happened?
You deserve a big G and T!! Or two!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Pleased you are all well could have been a lot more serious if the newspaper reports are accurate

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Not the first time the New Romney train has been involved in an accident - what happened ?

Was @Anthea M driving ?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Not heard of the accident, but since all are ok, we are now free to speculate on specious causes of the accident, are we not? :D

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Loco crashed into a tractor towing a trailer of straw. Driver managed to slow down enough to jump clear and pull passengers out of the derailed carriages. Could have been very bad but looks like the driver did a great job

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Loco crashed into a tractor towing a trailer of straw. Driver managed to slow down enough to jump clear and pull passengers out of the derailed carriages. Could have been very bad but looks like the driver did a great job
Omg glad all safe . Were you on that train Helen?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I might take a trip down on my bike tomorrow to count you all just in case.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Gutted we are missing it although brother in laws wedding was awesome. Raise a glass or two to me please

And glad nobody hurt in the incident.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
As I drove out on my bike There was a van coming in from the Rail accident investigation Board. They treat it as a real railway and the case will be carried out the same.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
part of the Rail Accident Investigation report 2016

A report into the crash by the Rail Accident Investigation Branch published this week concluded the tractor driver did not use the level crossing properly.

The report reveals the tractor driver – employed by a farm contractor to carry out work on the land – was unfamiliar with the crossing and had only started using the crossing the day before the crash on September 10th 2016.

It said: “The tractor driver neither opened and closed the gates each time he crossed, nor telephoned the railway before using the crossing.
“Neither this driver nor any other farm worker had contacted the railway for permission to cross while harvesting was in progress during the week leading up to the accident.”

Investigators added the railway “had not briefed the authorised user” of the crossing “in recent years and had no record of doing so earlier”.

Their report said: “The method described on the sign had not been briefed to the tractor driver by either his employer or by the farm occupier.

“The train driver did not realise that the front of the tractor was partly blocking the line until it was too late to stop the train before hitting the tractor.”

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back