Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Hi all

I have just purchased a 1991 Fiat Ducato petrol swift kontiki 6 berth. Unfortunately in all the excitement i forgot to ask how everything works ( the seller said there was all the manuals in the MH) The manuals pages were all stuck together , so unreadable. I dont even know where the leisure battery is !, or how to turn on electrics. ( i am knew to MH's can't you tell)

It would be great if i could get a copy of the owners manual and fiat book.

I also need a new knob on the shower/toilet door as it keeps swinging open, also a cover for one of the external lights in the upper bed part....

So if anyone knows where I could find these things I would be very grateful.

Love the MH !!

Constance Shirley .....aka..Con-Tiki :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all

I have just purchased a 1991 Fiat Ducato petrol swift kontiki 6 berth. Unfortunately in all the excitement i forgot to ask how everything works ( the seller said there was all the manuals in the MH) The manuals pages were all stuck together , so unreadable. I dont even know where the leisure battery is !, or how to turn on electrics. ( i am knew to MH's can't you tell)

I also need a new knob on the shower/toilet door as it keeps swinging open, also a cover for one of the external lights in the upper bed part....

Love the MH !!

Have a look for a panel in the floor for the battery - under the table ??

A few places I've bookmarked

Motorhome Self Build, Camper Van Parts, Spares and Accessories
CARAVAN TECH

Magnum Motor Homes

Link Removed

Link Removed

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Handbook

Hi Shirley

If you PM me your email address i should be able to email you a 1991 Swift Motorhome handbook.

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome.

as Dave of swiftleisure has offered a manual i may be able to help with the toilet door.

is the knob missing or doesnt it work ?

if it doesnt work look at the back of the door.....does it have a long thin bar running from top to bottom of the door.

on the top and bottom of this there should be a plastic hook which hook around a small pin on the door frame, top and bottom.

from inside, close the door and see if the hooks do actually close around the pins.....they may be out of alignment and need adjusting.

if the hooks are broken off it means a complete mechanism:cry:

the leisure battery should be under the passenger seat.

Oooops...just realised yours is a 1991 and mines a 2001 . they may be the same fittings though.

Last edited:

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Kon-Tiki leisure battery

Hi all

Love the MH !!

If you have the U-Shaped lounge model it's under the magazine box/tv table on the near side.

BW

Remember the recent Kno-Tiki tip about having the Al-Ko chassis suspension greased - I never knew about this when I had my '91 640.

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hi all

Love the MH !!

Not a gas conversion your new van is it? I noticed it was Petrol and I think there are few of these about. I had one about 10/12 years ago.

BW

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Thanks guys for all your help....I shall have a look in the places you have mentioned. The outer handle on the bathroom door is broken ( one of the lugs on the screw part has snapped off)

Shirl

JAMESuk

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
Exp
Kontiki Manual

Hi there,

I've just recently purchased a 1991 kontiki 640/6 MH but it didn't come with a manual. I noticed in a post that you offered to email a manual to a member on here. Don't suppose you could email me the manual too. I would be most greatfull, and look forward to returning the favour in the future. :Smile:

Regards

James

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi James,

If you can drop me a PM with your e-mail address, I'll send you over the manual.

Thanks,

Ash

JAMESuk

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
Exp
Kontiki manual

Does the manual have tyre pressures, vehicle info ect? I have a fiat Ducato 2.5 diesel if it helps.
If not any one able to help on this at all?

Cheers
James

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Hi James

I got the manual from the lovely swift people on here, but I will certainly email you a copy :Smile:.

Oh and before i forget ..located the 2 leisure batteries in the wardrobe compartment ..thanks guys :thumb:

JAMESuk

Free Member
Oct 25, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
Exp
Have to say a big thanks to Swift Group for sorting out the swift manual for me so promtly, and thanks to shirley for the offer :thumb:. Still after Van spec for the ducato 1.3 2.5 diesel van though. The Manual has all about the habitation but not van specs ie Cambelt change, tyre pressure, fuel tank size ect. I'm hoping Swift group will come to the rescue once again. :winky:

Out of interest does anyone know what MPG and speed they can get from there van?

I'm working out so far that I get about 320 miles to a tank which I think works out to be near 20 MPG :cry: Get more when I floor me Subaru::bigsmile: I know journeys differ greatly ect but my journey i'm refering too, was a farly mild affair using motorways mostly going to the coast. And it's fairly flat downhear and I rarely got above 60mph. Think it works out to be 45MPH on average.

I'd love to hear back from all different van ages and engine sizes.

Mines a 1991 45K on clock and a 2.5 Diesel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back