Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Started Shuggie up today to take him a wee run get things moving before weekend away , unfortunately EBS and handbrake warning light stayed on , he's running fine despite these warning lights , could it be a faulty sensor somewhere everything else is toot sweet , any ideas ???

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
How old is it?
On our 2015 Bolero we had the same problem. It was the ignition switch which was replaced under warranty.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I just knew that someone would be along with a possible solution (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi John
It's a 2013 model , don't know if it's any help had a wee wheel spin in the mud coming out of the last site we were on warning lights came on then but we stopped on way home for a coffee break and when started up again all were clear , now after it's been sitting for a week on start up they have came back on but van runs okay , was thinking there's maybe dirt on a sensor ?

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi John
It's a 2013 model , don't know if it's any help had a wee wheel spin in the mud coming out of the last site we were on warning lights came on then but we stopped on way home for a coffee break and when started up again all were clear , now after it's been sitting for a week on start up they have came back on but van runs okay , was thinking there's maybe dirt on a sensor ?
Yes it sounds like it might be related to the wheel spin incident.
Someone more technical than me will be along shortly to advise (y)

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
The plot thickens with Shuggie started him up this afternoon supposedly to go to Biggar caravan site for the weekend, on start up still have the EDB , ABS, engine management light and handbrake warning light staying on , had a wee drive with it and the temperature display isn't working neither is speedometer but rev counter is , so decide to cancel weekend need to get him booked in to see what's up , so looking forward to a chilling weekend ah well few beers in the house then , hope you guys are having a good weekend

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We have a car showing the same lights as you also speedo not working. Mechanic sorting it Monday or Tuesday. He says abs sensor is the problem.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Well that's Shuggie booked into Brownhills to get the warning light issues investigated and hopefully sorted , not so happy with there service desk though I have the gold 3 year warranty and first thing they say is , well we will have to see if it's a warranty issue, I can assure you it will be only had it 8 months , pity I need to travel 5 hrs away but can't help it , they haven't said if I've to wait or just leave it , think I can hear an angry Scotsman

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
It is very likely due to the well known fault on the instrument cluster, often replaced under warranty

Good luck

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Well that's Shuggie booked into Brownhills to get the warning light issues investigated and hopefully sorted , not so happy with there service desk though I have the gold 3 year warranty and first thing they say is , well we will have to see if it's a warranty issue, I can assure you it will be only had it 8 months , pity I need to travel 5 hrs away but can't help it , they haven't said if I've to wait or just leave it , think I can hear an angry Scotsman
It might be worth having a chat with the Fiat dealer in Galloway Avenue.
Worth a punt, to nip in and speak to the service manager, see if he is familliar with the fault?
Failing that,if you have breakdown cover, have them have a look at it.
Might save you a ten hour round trip.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi Bobby
Thanks for the advice , didn't think the fiat dealer in Ayr would look at it as they are more car related , but will give him a ph in the morning see if he's got any ideas , it as you say would save me the long trip , nothing to lose asking thanks again .

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi Spanner
Thanks for that , didn't know there was an issue with the dash unit , Sod's law I have an older van for 7 years no sensors or modern technologie , ran great swop for a more modern van and problems too much electronics and sensors on them these days I think
Cheers

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Hi Bobby
Thanks for the advice , didn't think the fiat dealer in Ayr would look at it as they are more car related , but will give him a ph in the morning see if he's got any ideas , it as you say would save me the long trip , nothing to lose asking thanks again .
The AC fiat dealer in Paisley serviced my last ducato at their garage. They should be able to plug it in and fault find, if it is a recall job they will love it.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
You wouldn't have an address or number Bobby I could ask the question

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Update on warning light issues , engineer at Brownhills have found
The EBS control unit is u/s but because it's a costly part an assessor from fiat need to check it out, Elle on service desk has been amazing organising the assessor to attend the same day to check it out , part is authorised and hopefully will be sent o/night to be fitted Friday, and head back up the road , drive down was an experience because engine management light was on did not have full engine power , but got here eventually , staff at Brownhills have been very good indeed , hope the part arrives ok

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hope everything gets fixed OK for you.
For future reference I've found Imperial Commercials (off Shieldhall Road in Glasgow) good for Fiat base vehicle repairs. They've done the instrument dash cluster (as referred to above) twice under warranty.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
The plot thickens with Shuggie they have fitted the ABS control unit but still getting an error code coming up so they are going to fit a hub unit and if that doesn't cure it a new sensor , but don't have any in stock and will be Tuesday before they can acquire one , so if it is the sensor service girl is going to see a senior manager if they can take one off another motorhome , 3 day we have been here , keep saying they work on motorhome first thing in the morning , but nearly 10 am and it's still in the overnight parking lot , will we ever get back home ?????? ☹️☹️

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Update on warranty work new ABS CONTROL UNIT , two hubs , 2 speed sensors , still fault came up mechanic then found a wire running along the chassis to be bare and shorting out on chassis , run new wire started Moho up and all warning lights are out yippee , left at 4.30 back in Ayr 10 pm run like a sweetie cruise control nearly all the way thankfully all sorted now , get him washed up and polished next weekend then away the following one for a couple of days , back to normal thankfully, couldn't help but notice though that an awful lot of Autotrail mohos in for repair at Brownhills and all nearly new ones .

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
If its the dash panel call fiat before you take it to brownhills I did and got fiat to ring brownhills to sort the problem

Gold three year warranty have to say I have had three vans from Brownhills and so fare apart from complaing about the service desk staff only one I have had no issues

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi Musson
They found eventually a bare wire along the chassis running from the rear speed hub to the engine compartment , all well now no issues with the technical staff but service desk are very slow to react sometimes ,
Good to get Shuggie back to normal now .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back