Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
A few days ago, I bought the full version of the Campercontact app for Android and it seems to be a really useful tool. However, when I try to download any offline maps, I get an error in the download immediately after pressing Yes to confirm the download. This happens for all offline maps. I have more than enough storage on both internal memory and my broadband is working fine.

I've looked all over the campercontact website for help and tried to contact them but got no response. Anyone else use this and had similar issues?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Try fully uninstalling and re installing the App

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You have to be on WiFi to download I think.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks - I'll give that a try
Can you see the online maps with all the thousands of campsites on?
If not you may have to press the 'upgrade to full option' again to validate your purchase

OP
OP
Muddibootz

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
Can you see the online maps with all the thousands of campsites on?
If not you may have to press the 'upgrade to full option' again to validate your purchase
Yes - I see the online maps ok and I can see all the campsites within the app ok. It comes up "Already Bought" when I attempt to upgrade but even after an install, it fails to download maps.
I noticed that I can "route" to a site via other apps and downloaded Sygic which seemed to work ok so I guess I can use that one if I don't ever get the maps to load although it doesn't help when browsing for sites.

Thanks again for your help. Much more help on here than through Campercontact.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Yes - I see the online maps ok and I can see all the campsites within the app ok. It comes up "Already Bought" when I attempt to upgrade but even after an install, it fails to download maps.
I noticed that I can "route" to a site via other apps and downloaded Sygic which seemed to work ok so I guess I can use that one if I don't ever get the maps to load although it doesn't help when browsing for sites.

Thanks again for your help. Much more help on here than through Campercontact.
Strange, they usually respond quite quickly to emails

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can I just check you are downloading the maps correctly? You click on the "i" symbol then on the page which opens select the offline maps button. Then slide the button across for the country you want to download the map of which should open another little window from which you can select "Yes". This is working on mine because I've just tried it.

OP
OP
Muddibootz

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
Can I just check you are downloading the maps correctly? You click on the "i" symbol then on the page which opens select the offline maps button. Then slide the button across which should open another little window from which you can select "Yes". This is working on mine because I've just tried it.

Yes - that's what I've been doing. It seems to try to open what I assume would be a download progress box but then immediately closes this and presents an error. It doesn't give a reason. It just says try later (which I have).

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Muddibootz

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
Also just checked..

it downloaded a map no problem
Thanks. That rules out any issues at their end, so it's definitely something on my device. I think I read somewhere that you can load it on two devices so I'll see if I can load it on my old phone. I need a new memory card first though.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
is this information pertinent ?

Android
Devices: Android smartphones and tablets.
Warning: not all devices are supported. We note that often the 'cheaper' devices have trouble running the app. Think of cheap Chinese devices or devices from Empire or Cresta.

Software: Android 4.0 and higher

Which Android version do I have?

1. Go to the settings of your device.
  2. Go to 'Device information' or 'About this device' (or something similar).
  3. In this list you will find the Android version.
http://www.campercontact.com/en/content/Compatibel Campercontact-app

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Muddibootz

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
is this information pertinent ?

Android
Devices: Android smartphones and tablets.
Warning: not all devices are supported. We note that often the 'cheaper' devices have trouble running the app. Think of cheap Chinese devices or devices from Empire or Cresta.

Software: Android 4.0 and higher

Which Android version do I have?

1. Go to the settings of your device.
  2. Go to 'Device information' or 'About this device' (or something similar).
  3. In this list you will find the Android version.
http://www.campercontact.com/en/content/Compatibel Campercontact-app

Thanks - I wondered that too but I'm running Android 5 on an ASUS tablet so thought it should be ok. It seems to run the app fine, it's just the offline maps seem to be a problem.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
As already suggested delete the app from the Asus then reinstall from plastore ( it will know u have already paid)
If that don't fix it then a setting on the Asus because I just downloaded an offline map on mine.

OP
OP
Muddibootz

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
As already suggested delete the app from the Asus then reinstall from plastore ( it will know u have already paid)
If that don't fix it then a setting on the Asus because I just downloaded an offline map on mine.

Thanks. I've re-installed a couple of times now. It downloads the photos ok each time and performs the update check ok. It also picks up that I've already paid for the full version but it just doesn't like the maps. I can't think what else to check on the ASUS so I guess I need to wait for a response from campercontact for a few clues as everything else seems to work fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back