LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Has anyone noticed that mince has become tasteless and needs more and more seasoning to make it edible. My better 1/2 has noticed so has her daughter and my mate who goes walking with me.
Or is it that the rich members on Motorhome fun only eat prime steak?

ShiftZZ

S

stagman

Deleted User
Has anyone noticed that mince has become tasteless and needs more and more seasoning to make it edible. My better 1/2 has noticed so has her daughter and my mate who goes walking with me.
Or is it that the rich members on Motorhome fun only eat prime steak?

ShiftZZ

Probabally something to do with regulations ? . I regulations .Where would we be without then:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Hello sailor !!! Still mincing around then ???

I f you go to a "proper" butcher the mince is generally made up from offcuts of prime beef that has been aged for 28 days, and therein lies the difference !!! My lasagnas are a legend and I have to beat off unwelcome dinner guests with a big stick...
Good morning all and have you put your clocks back ???...Stephen...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
I buy braising steak from the "proper" butcher and mince it myself. That way I know what Im getting and can control the amount of fat that ends up in the mince. The taste is far superior to anything a supermarket can offer. ::bigsmile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I remember proper butchers used to mince it when you ordered it in the shop. I don't recall plastic and polystyrene being part of beef cattles diet!!
Or buy properly aged beef and mince it your self,i prefer to do it in a food processor on pulse.

The Clangers

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
New
It's already been said, think beef ore you buy and steer clear of supermarket mince cows it is very poor quality. Buy butchers mince, I'l steak my reputation on it.

Dvd

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
My missus agrees with all of that - she reckons that they put too much fat and things that might have come from the animal but not necessarily call meat in it :Eeek::Eeek:

She also reckons they can get away with it because so many people like strong seasoning these days instead of the 'proper' flavours

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Buy it from a proper butcher and You'll notice the difference.

A lot of them pad it (and sausages etc) out with lots of cereal and other non-meat products.

Yuk.:shout:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We buy meat from three sources, two are traders at Guisborough farmers market and the other is a butcher in Stockton on Tees who has details displayed of all the farms which are the sources of his meat.

All that we buy is much better quality than supermarkets and reasonably priced in comparison.

Graham

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Must admit gave up eating meat years ago, mainly for this very reason, lack of flavour in the meat we could obtain, never missed it. The only thing that could turn me back is the smell of a bacon roll but never bothered.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
wouldn't eat it in the uk ; in france you can buy steak hache with the level of fat content you prefer for the dish you are cooking , 15% is about right for most things ...you can get 5% but imho it doesn't cook as well

the cut is called chuck steak in uk , or pasty beef in cornwall !!

you can buy frozen in kilo packs , 10 sachets inside
or butchers have a machine , you choose the piece of meat you fancy , it minces it and spits it out in hamburger sized pieces if that's what you want

price ? starts at about £4 / Kg for the frozen [ unless you want to pay for a posh brand ]
butchers more of course

they also sell hamburgers , of course ; absolute junk !

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Don't be like that John - I've been congratulating myself all day because I actually managed to change the clock in the van this time :roflmto:

Graham

Likewise Graham. and the car.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back