French autoroute and automatic toll lanes (1 Viewer)

SUE L

Free Member
May 11, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
HYMER EXSIS i
Exp
2 months
Hi on my travels up and down France we are always stopping at toll booths so I bought a bip nd go automatic tag which should allow us to go through without stopping obviously we pay by bank account BUT hubby won't use it !!!!! He is not sure if we can go through any lane makes with a " t " as the instructions say that some lanes / tolls are restricted to under 2.2 metres obviously we are higher at 3 m ( never noticed restricted height lanes. Before ! ) So does anyone know , can we just drive through normal lanes showing the" T". Or do we have to use that big toll gate lorries use ?
and does every peage have a big Lorry lane ?
Ray imagines us blocking up. Toll lane when we try it out !
Can anyone explain it simply to me as I am confused with the instructions and if there are restricted toll lanes what do they look like
Thanks S
Stopped at a few nice stopovers on our travels will post names I case anyone is interested but will do another thread

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Any lane with a T and the lorry lanes are great as many have extra width and non intimidating plastic bollards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bonio123

Free Member
May 31, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year and still enjoying it
I use sanef tag. Never had any issues even with the 30km drive through without stopping lanes. Van low profile though at 2.77 m

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
You will be fine in any t lane except the 2 metre.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We have used a ATMB tag for a number of years with both caravan and motorhome, any lane with marked with a t, and the only time it did not work because their sensor was faulty, just used the intercom and they put a English speaker on who took the number that is on the tag and they then opened the barrier and we got charged the normal charge when the invoice arrived.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The 2/2.2 height limited are for cars primarily ( and other smaller vehicles) and as well as a sign have a physical height barrier that is readily obvious. Quite honestly as a solo traveller since my partner died I think the SANEF tag is one of the best buys I have made.
Totally agree .best buy for me as well and I am also right hand drive so double the ease .

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We used it last trip and is great use the Lorry lane and just trundle through without stopping(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
SUE L

SUE L

Free Member
May 11, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
HYMER EXSIS i
Exp
2 months
Thanks all will give it a go on our return to France end of Sept

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
If in doubt, the far righthand lane is usually the HGV lane. As mentioned, it's a bit wider too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back