Campsite Near Gibraltar for New Year's Eve Recommendations (1 Viewer)

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We are looking at spending New Years Eve in Gibraltar as we now have an extra week to use. Anybody used any campsites near the Gibraltar border? We would like to park in campsite then walk over the border as opposed to drive over.

We could easily get transport to the border although the closer the better, i know there is a car park next to the border but i would not leave the MH there over night even with the alarms etc.

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
La Bellavista at Manilva.. Not to far away, Funsters had a rally there a few years ago..
Local Bus goes into La Linea then walk over the border...

http://www.campinglabellavista.com/

HOWEVER... Prices seem to have rocketed.. :(
Thanks, approx 29 euros per night, useful if nothing else pops up :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Anyone heard of Camping Sureuropa
Broken Link Removed

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Their is an aire alongside the marina barriers and very safe it didn't have ehu but it did have other services lovely views big boats and about €15. La linea something or other. A short walk to the boarder.
Don't get any Gib pounds they are useless outside Gibraltar all shops take uk sterling.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Anyone heard of Camping Sureuropa
Broken Link Removed
Yes, stayed there January 2015. It's run by a charity so good to support. There were only two others on site so plenty of room, access to pitches a bit tight if you have a large m/h. Facilities ok shared with sports centre so some noise early evening. We cycled to Gib twice, you could walk but quite a step. If you stay you will need to like cats.

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Just checked my notes from Jan 2016. This is an extract: La linea, camperstop on the marina €12 inc services no electric laundry available also a repsol on the way with a laundry. Could park at the stadium beach side for €3? No services. Drove into Gibraltar shopped at morrisons. Lots of stuff that you can't get in Spain. Diesel 59p per ltr. Diesel in Spain side as low as 85cents per ltr.

Note the stadium had a con man who charged everyone €1 to park but later the official attendant came along for the €3. Plus it looked a bit rough. The marina was great. Driving in Gibraltar could be a challenge but my MH is only 6m.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Thanks, some useful information which will come in handy for sure. :)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Disappointed!!!

But hope you enjoy yourselves wherever you go. You need to make up for last year.

Best wishes.

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Disappointed!!!

But hope you enjoy yourselves wherever you go. You need to make up for last year.

Best wishes.
We will be heading for Totana at some point in the 3 weeks we now have :) I am hoping we dont get interupted this time and actually spend more than an hour in Spain :)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We will be heading for Totana at some point in the 3 weeks we now have :) I am hoping we dont get interupted this time and actually spend more than an hour in Spain :)

Remember your first year when you made a reservation and we laughed? Maybe a good idea to drop us a "conversation" when you're thinking of coming so we can keep a space for you. December to April have been busy recently.

(No friend will be turned away even if they have to park near our house temporarily!!!)

OP
OP
Z

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Remember your first year when you made a reservation and we laughed? Maybe a good idea to drop us a "conversation" when you're thinking of coming so we can keep a space for you. December to April have been busy recently.

(No friend will be turned away even if they have to park near our house temporarily!!!)
Sure no worries, that was our first trip out in a Motorhome lol. Picked it up and went across on the tunnel down through France and onto Spain. We learnt a lot from that first trip as the first thing i did when i got back was to have gaslow fitted :) made things so much easier.

Now of course we are a bit wiser (i think) :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back