Fitting gas connector to hose (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Hi all
I've just boight a new hose for my bbq but I am danmed if i can get the gas connector into the hose beyond the first 'notch'. Is there a trick to doing this?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
a bit of lubrication .. I use a drop of washing up liquid rubbed around the spigot .. don't use any hydrocarbon products .. i.e. oil, WD40, etc

If it's a plastic pipe, soften the end by soaking in boiling water for a minute or so.. then push on quickly while still soft..

Last edited:
OP
OP
AndyJJDavies
Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
a bit of lubrication .. I use a drop of washing up liquid rubbed around the spigot .. don't use any hydrocarbon products .. i.e. oil, WD40, etc

If it's a plastic pipe, soften the end by soaking in boiling water for a minute or so.. then push on quickly while still soft..

Thanks Jim, I was worried about using lubricants for the obvious reasons but i'll give these try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I do it the same way as suggested by Jim. Also give the connector a wee twist back n forth as you put it on the hose. I find it makes it easier.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I do it same as you and Jim
Except I put a Jubilee clip on first ;):rofl:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
On braided hose etc, I always give the end a few smart taps with a hammer against the bench worktop, this excites the molecules (warms it up) and lets you push in the spigot, it's quick, no cross contamination and handy if you don't have hot water to hand (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back