Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The beast is finally for sale or exchange. I need a vehicle small enough for everyday use yet with fixed bed and room for the two dogs. Anybody any ideas?

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I know that you can't buy a new one, but a Hobby 600FM like mine would fit the bill. It's one of the more compact fixed rear bed models, and is of superb quality!!

AOL Search

The hobby is a really nice van but not much smaller than the beast, so still too large to use as an everyday vehicle to be kept on a narrow road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
The hobby is a really nice van but not much smaller than the beast, so still too large to use as an everyday vehicle to be kept on a narrow road.

Have you looked at the likes of the Adria Twin
Link Removed

and the similarly laid-out Moncayo Liberty (available at Davan)
Autocaravanas Moncayo - Venta y alquiler de autocaravanas (Spanish website)

We liked the look of them, but won't part with our a-class for a few years yet.:Smile:

John

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
we downsized this year we went for the swift mondial there are some unregistered 2008 models about at very good prises .Link Removed :thumb:

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
There probably aren't any panel vans with fixed beds due to their small size. We plan to leave the bed permanently ready for use on ours so it's kind of semi-permanent.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Roger,

Sorry you're thinking of parting with "The Beast".

I can understand the reasoning.

I,luckily have other means of transport.

To me..My Classic RV ..establishes me as an individual.

I like to keep the olden's going.You don't see too many on the roads nowadays.

Hope you sort your transport out.:Cool:

It's more of a passion for me.I love the retro effect and "buzz" I get driving her.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi Roger, I think that selling the beast is a sensible move, and since you won't have the grandest budget have you considered a Caravan:thumb:

I know you enjoy being a funster and have made many friends and aquaintancies through the site, but let's be honest, motorhoming is never a cheap option, you either spent big and buy newish or buy the cheaper end and then constantly spend on repairs.

You should be able to buy a caravan with a fixed bed which you could then tow behind your daily vehicle, and of course you would always be welcome at the meets (especially Camarthan and Shepton Mallet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

You never know you could start caravanfun.co.uk with Roadrunner:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only kidding you'll always be Funsters::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
The beast is finally for sale or exchange. I need a vehicle small enough for everyday use yet with fixed bed and room for the two dogs. Anybody any ideas?

Well Roger, that is my specification as well, I'm surrounded by hundreds of A3 sheets with all sorts of layouts, if I get a minute tommorrow I'll PM you with a few ideas.

I'm afraid the beast would be far too big for the roads around here :RollEyes:

S

stagman

Deleted User

How about a small pick up with detatchable camper .:thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Roger, I think that selling the beast is a sensible move, and since you won't have the grandest budget have you considered a Caravan:thumb:

I know you enjoy being a funster and have made many friends and aquaintancies through the site, but let's be honest, motorhoming is never a cheap option, you either spent big and buy newish or buy the cheaper end and then constantly spend on repairs.

You should be able to buy a caravan with a fixed bed which you could then tow behind your daily vehicle, and of course you would always be welcome at the meets (especially Camarthan and Shepton Mallet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

You never know you could start caravanfun.co.uk with Roadrunner:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only kidding you'll always be Funsters::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
I am no longer bothered about future repairs as the entire rollingstock is now new.
As to a caravan really of no use to me I hate them with a vengence I'd rather chuck a matress in the back of the van. You cannot wildcamp with a caravan and apart from two shows a year I don't do sites.The beast may well be old but will be around for another 30 years yet when all of the modern vans have gone to their happy camping grounds. Maybe I'll build a camper body on the old Landrover, 1968 and tax exempt that one hee hee.

thestoneroller

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
Hi roger
there is a small garage near to were i live called G&P Campervan.co.uk,(google it)dont know how t post links yet, he has some vans in and he will convert to your speck,vw hightop and the likes,don't know if this is what you are looking for but worth a look anyway.
the stoneroller

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I still say keep the 'Beast' you will get well frustrated in a panel van and blow good money by changing.

I have a couple of Bongo's but they are 8k............. whats the point. Landrover is tax exempt you say, can't you get it insured as a vintage vehicle with restricted mileage and third party cover:thumb:

Peter

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi Roger sorry to hear the beast is for sale after all that hard work you have put into it you say you would never have a caravan my dream was when I retired nearly 3 years ago was to buy a m/h the bigest mistake I ever made we were lucky to sale the m/h without to much lose to us we bought our new caravan and took delivery on 9th october my wife was so pleased she never wanted to have a m/h every time we went away she had to drive her car didnt feel very happy on her own driving we have always found more room in the caravan then adding a full awning doubled up the space also with the m/h we only put up the driveaway awning up for 2 weeks if it rained the water came inside and the wind at night kept me awake with the tunnel side not fixing tight to the side of the m/h if anyone is interest look at my ads for sale I will still be useing the forum as everbody is so friendly Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back