wild camping in or around blackpool (1 Viewer)

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi every one new to this we are going to blackpool next weekend the 16th oct does any one now where we can wild park please jeff

larrythelamb

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
high wycombe
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
six
hi try this site "Wild Camping for Motorhomes" hope u find one.

best :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Dont want to be personal, or elitist, but isn't an F1 car going to look a little out of place amoungst motorhomes and caravans ?

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello looked all rnd blackpool for some were to stay ? fleetwood was the best on the front with all the other motorhomes ? keith:thumb:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Clevelys sea front, or go on the road to Saint Annes just outside blackpool, on the right is a car park with a row of houses down the side you will be safe there and usually there are other vans and you can walk straight on to the beach.

John.

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
is the long layby type road open yet, where the ship has been grounded and dismantled.
I stayed there once before but last time I went it was blocked off ?

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
is the long layby type road open yet, where the ship has been grounded and dismantled.
I stayed there once before but last time I went it was blocked off ?

Yes it's open there were 20 or more motorhomes there last week, but it's like a race track and we had drivers sounding their horns during the night, but we still had a good time.

John.

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All

thanks for all the great info, well we made it to Blackpool and our very first time of wild camping, the wife and I really enjoyed it and are looking forward to finding many other places where wild camping is acceptable. we ended up staying on the stretch between Blackpool and Clevleys along with about 18 other vans! and yes there was a kind soul who had been given a car horn for christmas.

Cheers all and happy camping

The Stig

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
Very strange about the car horn

I WAS ON THAT ROAD PARKED LAST WEEK WITH AROUND 20 MOTORHOMES VERY GOOD PLACE AND YES 6 YEARS FROM YOUR POST STIG AND THE WEE SHITES STILL GOT THAT HORN FOR CHRISTMAS,,
NEVER THE LESS WAS A COOL PLACE AND 2 MINS WALK FROM CLEVLEYS AND THE TRAM LITTLE BISPHAM IS ON THE DOOR STEP,,:thumb:

Hi All

thanks for all the great info, well we made it to Blackpool and our very first time of wild camping, the wife and I really enjoyed it and are looking forward to finding many other places where wild camping is acceptable. we ended up staying on the stretch between Blackpool and Clevleys along with about 18 other vans! and yes there was a kind soul who had been given a car horn for christmas.

Cheers all and happy camping

The Stig

rwhites1

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
west yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Cl Dethleffs Globevan
Exp
since 2001
St annes as a Aire at the back of cinema 7 parking spots for motorhomes.£7 a night pay at machine you need plenty of £ coins 3 nights limit.Cleveleys as a 4hour overnight restriction on part of the prom but there are about 7 spots near little bispham tram stop where there are no restrictions.Toilets by th tram stop

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
St annes as a Aire at the back of cinema 7 parking spots for motorhomes.£7 a night pay at machine you need plenty of £ coins 3 nights limit.Cleveleys as a 4hour overnight restriction on part of the prom but there are about 7 spots near little bispham tram stop where there are no restrictions.Toilets by th tram stop

We are picking up our new motorhome from Darlington on Thursday and are going to take carys to the pleasure beach on the way home do you have any directions or coordinates to these locations ?

TheDentons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it

We are picking up our new motorhome from Darlington on Thursday and are going to take carys to the pleasure beach on the way home do you have any directions or coordinates to these locations ?:Smile:

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2 years with a campervan; saw the light, now mortorhome newbie

This car park is central for everything worth doing and seeing at St Annes. We moved here because it's what I like to call 'Old Seaside'. It's not brash and trashy like its cousin up the coast (and nobody uses motor horns here, even if they were bought one for Christmas. People are more likely to say 'a-hem' to get your attention). It took us quite a while to adapt to the pace of life - and especially the pace of traffic - here. The speed limit on most smaller roads is 20mph. You get used to tootling.

The Aire is about 50 yards south of St Annes pier, which has the usual arcades and cafes. If you didn't want to pay for parking, much of the Inner Prom road that runs along the beach north and south of the town doesn't have restrictions. If you're going to do that, though, try to use one of the established cut-throughs onto the beach, as we are trying to preserve our dunes.

In the opposite direction (east) from the pier is the main shopping street, known locally as St Annes Square, or just 'the square'. One road south from the square is Wood Street, which houses our restaurant quarter, where you can find Mediterranean, Italian, Thai, Chinese, a Weatherspoons and several English cafes. The coffee shops and little independent cafes tend to be down the smaller side streets off Wood Street. The main post office is also on Wood Street.

The beach from just south of St Annes and up to Blackpool is sandy; the beach south of St Annes gets progressively more muddy and marshy, but is good for bird spotting. The mud is very sticky though, so if you're walking a dog, you'll need to factor in a bucket or bowl of water to properly wash their legs afterwards!

In the summer season, dogs are not allowed on the beach around the pier, although they can run free on the beaches away from the tourist drag. Here is a little bit of local interest for you. On most days you can see a big bulker lorry and a tractor working right out on the shorline at St Annes. The tractor fills the bulker, which then drives off the beach and goes north. It deposits the sand at Blackpool, which does not actually have a sandy beach! The beach at Blackpool is mainly muddy, with a layer of golden St Annes sand on top.

Anyone with a fondness for Canada geese can sit and watch them just south of St Annes at Fairhaven lake, and treat yourself to an ice cream from the cafe while you're there. At that end is also the White Church, which is made entirely from white granite. On a bit further and you find posh Lytham, which is full of beautiful boutiques, trendy cafes and the famous Taps pub with its real ale (this is also the local pick-up joint on a Friday night).

Any more questions about Blackpool/St Annes/Lytham, throw them this way and PM me also, so I don't miss it!

We are picking up our new motorhome from Darlington on Thursday and are going to take carys to the pleasure beach on the way home do you have any directions or coordinates to these locations ?

I'm sorry this is so late, as you've probably already left the area, but for reference, the Pleasure Beach is in South Shore, at the bottom end of Blackpool closest to St Annes.

Parking is the obvious difficulty, as the council now charges for any parking on the sea front, including disabled parking. If you want to go to the pleasure beach, then my suggestion is to turn right off the prom when you are level with the big glitterball (see below). Go round the small square and straight on over the railway bridge (the road is called Harrowside). Then turn left onto a set of residential streets that are all named after seaside towns. The one closest to the railway is Ventnor Road. There is a footbridge (serving the little local rail station) over the rail line from Ventnor Road to Bond Street, which runs along the back of the Pleasure Beach.

You can either turn left on Bond Street and walk around to the front of the Pleasure Beach, or you can turn right, and then left onto Watson Road, which cuts right through the middle of the Pleasure Beach, closer to the entry gate.

Here's your landmark! Happy visiting! H

Broken Link Removed

http://www.lakelandeye.co.uk/otherlocations/blackpool/20-5-08.html

for more stunning shots of the local area.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back