Beware the in line water filter scam (1 Viewer)

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
:mad: I have no idea if anyone here will be interested but its something I feel we need to share.
There is an online water filter shop https://www.waterfiltershop.co.uk/
I sent off for an inline water filter which supposedly fits to a 12mm food grade hose. We paid £79.99 for it, when it arrived the fittings would not fit the hose, after taking the filter to the Plumb center, B&Q and various other places we were told that the best thing to do was send it back or get advice off them.
I did just that, waterfilter.co.uk has had it back for well over a week so I sent an email to them asking what the crack was, they sent me a reply saying that they could not give a refund as the filter was in a bad state and that I had had it for any refund.
I know that filter was in great shape, we packed it well and it had not been damaged at all. The saga continues because now, they are not even replying, we are £79.99 down and have no filter. :mad:
Just a warning to any one that might be thinking about using this online shop.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:rofl:

waterfilter.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Scamming $%^£**&^*%%%%*s I saw the 30 days money back thingy but its just as useless as they are, small claims court would cost more than the filter

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Section 75 only applies to credit card purchases over £100 doesn't it?

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
emmitdb your right so it looks like I will have to wait and see if they send it back...also our funster flag went missing by royal mail and Ive just had some numpty manager telling me never before have they lost a parcel I lost it with him over the phone totally, what a liar, every week we get things go missing and have to deliver post for other people or return it to the post box...what the hell is going on in this country?

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
the ad clearly states 12 mm so you should get a refund -If you go thru the small i court all costs would be awarded also-you can do it online.
If you don,t want to go that route then you can buy 3/4" to 12 mm push fit reducers from Screwfix or toolstaion or similar for a £2-3 each

Just added a comment after I reviewed the product in more detail-it clearly states 12mm and looks to be plumbed to a domestic coper pipe system in the product details which will be 12mm . You are aware you van water system will be less than 12mm?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Small Claims Court
It'll automatically be assigned to their local County Court - but, as they're a business you have the right to have the case transferred (free) to your local court.
So, they get a free day out in Scotland. Everyone's a winner :roflmto:

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
Small Claims Court
It'll automatically be assigned to their local County Court - but, as they're a business you have the right to have the case transferred (free) to your local court.
So, they get a free day out in Scotland. Everyone's a winner :roflmto:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA every ones a winner baby thats the truth right...apparently I need a 3/4 inch fitting but they didnt say what Im a tad fick me finks but I took it to B&Q and the plumb center and they had no ideas either grrrrrrrrrr

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Just added a comment after I reviewed the product in more detail-it clearly states 12mm and looks to be plumbed to a domestic coper pipe system in the product details which will be 12mm . You are aware you van water system will be less than 12mm?

Aren't domestic copper pipes 15MM?

Andrew

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
the one in the link is 12 push fit and will fit directly to semi rigid push fit pipe if you van uses the push over barbed fittings you can get converters from magnums

Its for the food grade hose we bought, the black connectors sent with the filter supposed to fit onto the hose (which I already cut) although they said its got 12mm connectors I have no idea what the pipe actually measures, I know the hoze locks are 12mm but....I dunno I seem to be getting thicker by the day lol

OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies
This is said water filter and connector

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Celtic Ramblers

Celtic Ramblers

Free Member
Jul 18, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
we are newbies

Andrew
Hi Andrew, its to fit inline to the hose we use to fill the water tank...I did ask them at the start and even sent them the pipe description from the site we purchased it from, they said it will fit the hose but I have not seen these connectors before and would have much preferred a connector with a locking collar but they assured me it would be EASY MWHAHAHAH rocks to n fro feeling nice n comfy in my nice white jacket with shining buckles

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
:mad: I have no idea if anyone here will be interested but its something I feel we need to share.
There is an online water filter shop https://www.waterfiltershop.co.uk/
I sent off for an inline water filter which supposedly fits to a 12mm food grade hose. We paid £79.99 for it, when it arrived the fittings would not fit the hose, after taking the filter to the Plumb center, B&Q and various other places we were told that the best thing to do was send it back or get advice off them.
I did just that, waterfilter.co.uk has had it back for well over a week so I sent an email to them asking what the crack was, they sent me a reply saying that they could not give a refund as the filter was in a bad state and that I had had it for any refund.
I know that filter was in great shape, we packed it well and it had not been damaged at all. The saga continues because now, they are not even replying, we are £79.99 down and have no filter. :mad:
Just a warning to any one that might be thinking about using this online shop.
If you paid by credit card let them know
They may assist

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
That looks like it should connect to a standard male push fit hose connector

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

Andrew
Hi Andrrew
Yes you are correct 15mm-If the connectors are for 12 mm they should fit the OP's van internal system but will not fit an external hose pipe which will be larger than 12mm. The filter is designed to be in line inside the van -not outside.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Looks to me it's only screwed in , just screw it out and put whatever fitting you want on it , simples

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back