• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD IBoost omni-directional wifi system (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Mr Stroppy bought this and also joined fon as we are not BT customers. Used it for a while then he bought an iPad with 3g so it rarely gets used :rolleyes:

It is the omni directional aerial so although it doesn't pick up as strong a signal as the directional one there is no faffing about in pointing it in the right direction.

It comes with a pole mount option or suction pads to stick to the side of your van. We used it on a pole with a magnetic base plate and put it on the roof of our PVC to get the best signal.

It also comes with a 240v adapter so can be run off 240v or 12v. I have been known to log onto my neighbours internet using it because they have fibre and it's faster than mine. In fact, I'm posting this logged onto their BT Fon network as I wanted to check that it's still working ok as it's sometime since we last used it.:)

Amazingly I've also found the instruction sheet that came with it - which does need to be followed precisely.

The latest version of this retails at £199 without the 240v adapter.

I'll try and get some pictures posted later but suspect that if you know what this is you'll already know what it looks like (though the router is different to the current model).

Looking for £100 including postage or you can pick up from Lincoln and he'll knock £10 off the price.

As scotjimland said in his for sale thread it might be worth reading this other thread that he started.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/iboost.137519/
I can only add that Addie gave superb support to us a couple of times while we were on holiday in Spain and France.

Last edited:

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Hi Stroppy Bird how old isthis.I have the directional but might be interested in this,ta

OP
OP
Stroppy Bird
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Stroppy Bird how old isthis.I have the directional but might be interested in this,ta

Good question - my best guess is 2 to 3 years old. I'll ask Mr Stroppy when he gets home to see if he has a better idea.

I'll try and get pictures loaded.

Iboost.jpg

and a couple of screenshots showing the wifi available from my house and when connected to my neighbours BT Fon which I used to post the ad (shh... don't tell them!)

SShot Wifi available.jpg SShot BTfon selected.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stroppy Bird
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
No, but it can be picked up from South Hykeham, Lincoln, just off the A46

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi is it sold yet live in Grantham so could collect.
what would you take for it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back