Someone with a lathe (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi is ther any one out thare with a lathe that would turn me a cuppel of small steel pins.
I have Ben to a few macheen work shops and that want to charge a fortune set up costs.
I was thinking of getting a small lathe for the price thay we're charging LOL
If ther is any one out thare who can help I will cover any cost and return posteg
Bill

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
What do you need @Wildbill ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Hi is ther any one out thare with a lathe that would turn me a cuppel of small steel pins.
I have Ben to a few macheen work shops and that want to charge a fortune set up costs.
I was thinking of getting a small lathe for the price thay we're charging LOL
If ther is any one out thare who can help I will cover any cost and return posteg
Bill
Years ago I woul have helped Bill. I haven't been on a lathe or mill for over 20 years. Served my time as a turner/fitter back in the 80s been in manufacturing since. Understand the issue with cost and yes setup costs for 2-off plus run time will be expensive.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Years ago I woul have helped Bill. I haven't been on a lathe or mill for over 20 years. Served my time as a turner/fitter back in the 80s been in manufacturing since. Understand the issue with cost and yes setup costs for 2-off plus run time will be expensive.
In box filling with offers thanks any way that's why I love fun such a helpful forum any must go finished my 45 min brake on my way home from Norfolk kings Lyn
Bill

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Its. Sume TMH pins for the sa80 replica's
For the cadet's
We have lost a few wild send a sample for modifications ther is two sizes
Will sendv pick in pm when I get home from working
Bill
Bill does the sa80 come in left hand version yet? Remember years ago at an army day in ABZ, son was about to use the replica when observant soldier stopped him firing because he was left handed, might have lost his teeth or broke his jaw methinks. (n)

unimog

Free Member
May 11, 2014
In the doghouse
Funster No
MH
Mercedes unimog 1300L
Exp
2 years
If you are stuck send me a drawing and material spec and I could do them. Mike

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill does the sa80 come in left hand version yet? Remember years ago at an army day in ABZ, son was about to use the replica when observant soldier stopped him firing because he was left handed, might have lost his teeth or broke his jaw methinks. (n)
No it can only be fired from the right shoulder
With the bull pup design it ejects to close to the face and the cocking handle wild smash your face in
Bill

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
No it can only be fired from the right shoulder
With the bull pup design it ejects to close to the face and the cocking handle wild smash your face in
Bill
Thought so. Met a guy on a train from Inverness to ABZ a few years ago who was as you would say, a bit of a Walter Mitty type guy. Said he was an ex-squaddie and loved the SA80. I said to him, I notice you are left handed so how do you cope using the rifle with you right hand. He says what do you mean, I use it left handed, why wouldn't I. He was a bit pi$$ed and argumentative but I think he realised he had dropped a bollock so backed off with the army stories.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You CAN shoot the Rifle, 5.56mm from the left shoulder for CQB using the cross arm method.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Thought so. Met a guy on a train from Inverness to ABZ a few years ago who was as you would say, a bit of a Walter Mitty type guy. Said he was an ex-squaddie and loved the SA80. I said to him, I notice you are left handed so how do you cope using the rifle with you right hand. He says what do you mean, I use it left handed, why wouldn't I. He was a bit pi$$ed and argumentative but I think he realised he had dropped a bollock so backed off with the army stories.
I am left handed and had to learn to shoot it frome the right shoulder and most of the loading unloading safety catch and cocking is done with the left hand I fund it essay to use on the ranges.
As Jon says it can be used cross hand but that is not fully in the left shoulder and using battle sights
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back