Noisy Shureflo water Pump - solutions anyone ? (3 Viewers)

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Purchased a 2015 Pilote MH with all the bells and whistle's but a very annoying noise comming from
a water Pump which after calling the last owner installed a Shurflo water pump to bolster the water pressure , yes is great to have the pressure but everyone on site can hear when the pump kicks in.

Q - Has any Funster's have one of these or can offer a solution?

A = :oops2:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you need to get hold of some soft rubber and make shock absorbing feet. then fit these using longer mounting screws. it wont totally kill the noise but it will damp it down somewhat.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Is the noise coming when no taps are switched on? If so then you probably have a leak, and that could be because your water pressure is too high.

If the noise is when the taps are on it will depend what you mean by "noisy". You can always hear an external pump. We had a Shurflo in our first motorhome and we could hear it whenever we switched on a tap or flushed a toilet. Our second motorhome has a submersible pump in the tank and when I first tried it at the dealers I thought the pump was broken, despite the water coming out, because I couldn't hear anything!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
after calling the last owner installed a Shurflo water pump to bolster the water pressure ,

Just a heads up.. .

Shurflo is positive displacement diaphram pump, not only is it a higher pressure than a submersible, which is centrifugal pump, but it also retains that pressure in the lines when not running..

I'm sure it will be ok,,, but keep an eye on all joints and connections to taps.. the water system may not have been designed for a Shurflo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Try slackening the securing bolts a little and using softer mounts, that may do the trick.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
As others have said, flexible connection to pipes, isolate mounts. The other thing to look at is an accumulator.

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Sry for delay in responding but many thanks in your suggestions.

I have since been in contact with the last owner who confirmed that he had this pump fitted to enhance the water pressure which can only be heard when you open the water taps or use the Shower. Your suggestions are most welcome and we either put up with the noise ( which isn't an option) or dampen the noise level down by your suggestions which seem logic and or sound proof the pump where it's located ( under the Island bed!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the noise is when the pump is pulsing an easy cheap fix is to fit an accumulator I think Fiamma do one for under 20 quid.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Think cork for isolation pads.. Best noise insulator around and often over looked.
Then off to a scrap yard and blag the sound deadening from the bonnet of a scrap car.. a couple of quid should do it !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back