Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have images every where ::bigsmile: I'm slowly getting my images into folders in some semblance of order,but if I wanted to insert one,say in this Thread, it would take me ages to find it,copy it,resize it in Elements before I even started to address getting it onto this page.
You guys seem to just stick a link to the relevant image in and 'way to go'-How do I reach this state of photographic Nirvana :Smile:
I guess I need to store my pics somewhere on't Interweb-but where and how etc ?

I did try to use the resize function in Vista,but that seemed to involve setting up a new e-mail account with questions about Pop3 and Sm something or other so I gave up.

When you're up to your neck in the swamp with pirhanas nibbling at you and crocodiles coming towards you,it's often difficult to remember why you went into the swamp in the first place lol. Especially as you get older :ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why not open a flickr or photobucket account. Then its easy to place the pictures inside the post. Take aLink Removed

Nice instruction video Jim. Do you have a capacity problem and would prefer us to store images off FUN ?

If you tell us your preferences ( and you might already have and I've missed them ) then we can do our bit to help you. It's the least we can do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm slowly getting my images into folders in some semblance of orde

Damned difficult. I've never tried an app yet that did it in a way I like it. There is a horrendous amount of work "tagging" the thousands of images.

For the moment I've got it by travel/country but that's far from brilliant because we never visit *one* country. So next year's Garda will be travel/italy/Garda10 though it will contain France, Switzerland, Italy.

I may bite the bullet and write my own one of these days. Never enough time though.

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
So right Brian-I think we shoot far more on digital for a start-I've just spent all morn going through the jpegs I shot at Slimbridge last weekend in order to decide which,if any, of the RAW files are worth opening::bigsmile:

Jim-I've done the Photobucket thing-what a can of worms that opened :ROFLMAO: I decided it would be a good idea to create albums there of all my images.Then realised that most of my images were on the Media Centre-never mind I thought,it's on the Network so I can access them from my desktop-ha ha now I gotta sort out the 'permissions' on that !!

Another thing I could do with knowing is how quote a selected area of a post ? ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Another thing I could do with knowing is how quote a selected area of a post ? ::bigsmile:

Like this :Smile:

The only way I know is manually deleting the unwanted bits. A good forum engine would let you highlight a section of a post *then* press quote and just get that bit. This one does not seem to do this.

I sometimes have to resort to manual ( control C control V ) cut and past to do this

>> Jim-I've done the Photobucket thing-what a can of worms that opened

OK don't waste them go fishing.

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Why not open a flickr or photobucket account. Then its easy to place the pictures inside the post. Take aLink Removed

OK I signed up and then tried uploading stuff-only managed to upload my avatar pic (which is small) Other files of around 10Mb failed every time.First the upload status bar zipped along to about 40% then stoped and I got a message saying my file had either been deleted or moved.This was followed by a message to the effect that network problems had prevented the upload-now what ???? ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
files of around 10Mb failed every time

You are only allowed 100K on here and that is enough for a decent screen viewable image.

Storing 10M files is no use to anyone because it takes so long to look at them. Anyone on a poor connection or mobile will curse you. Also remember your upload speeds are about a tenth of download so a 10M file would take ages, I wonder if you did not allow enough time or they just reject such big files.

I use irfanview which has a jpg setting 100K Max Size ( adjustable ) to save to a low res directory which I then send on to FUN. A pain, but it works.

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I wonder if you did not allow enough time or they just reject such big files.

er-I didn't allow enough time !
So,realistically,if I want to store files to post on here or send to others I have to resize them 1st just as I have always done.
What I want then,is an App which which will resize any image to a pre-determined size and then allow me to save it wherever I want.Yes,I could use Elements,but would have to reset the parameters every time as far as I know.
Will take a look at at irfanview

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back