LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What happened to the EU open border policy. All borders travelling east from Austria are now closed with huge queues mainly for those travelling west. I would estimate at least 5 hours to clear the Hungarian Serb border. It reminds me of the old border at Kapikule years ago, trucks parked up as far as the eye could see, with a 2 day clearance. If this is what its like now, what will it be like once out of the EU. Not much good going away for a fortnight out of the UK then.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
nobody will admit it but the EU is failing,good job we voted out before it implodes:(

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I informed Border control you were on your way back Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
What happened to the EU open border policy. All borders travelling east from Austria are now closed with huge queues mainly for those travelling west. I would estimate at least 5 hours to clear the Hungarian Serb border. It reminds me of the old border at Kapikule years ago, trucks parked up as far as the eye could see, with a 2 day clearance. If this is what its like now, what will it be like once out of the EU. Not much good going away for a fortnight out of the UK then.
Serbia and Roumania are not in Schengen.

Feels like we are going backwards all over Europe.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you scruffy lot could just bear with me while I bastardize Herr Hitler, just for Frau Merkel ;

Today ze vorld!(y)
Tomorrow? just ze Farzerland :doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What happened to the EU open border policy. All borders travelling east from Austria are now closed with huge queues mainly for those travelling west.
Is this actually new or just the continuation of the measures put in place last Winter/Spring to control economic migrants?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Is this actually new or just the continuation of the measures put in place last Winter/Spring to control economic migrants?

Am not sure Graham. Its certainly causing chaos though. Am just glad it wasn't the start of Ramadan when all the Turks go home for the holidays. I would have still been sitting in Austria.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back