Parts of M26 and M20 being closed this weekend (1 Viewer)

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
For those of you travelling to Kent, the Tunnel and Dover be advised that as a result of the accident on the M20 the other day they are closing some of the M26 and M20 in order to remove the rest of the Walkway still hanging there .

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/malling/news/breaking-m20-to-close-101710/

Looks like the M25 approaching the Southside of the Dartford Tunnel and the A2 East of there will be even busier.

Doug

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@DJA

Doug,

Thanks for the heads up we were on the 15:20 crossing on Saturday now changed to tomorrow(y)

John

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Bugger! 8.20 to Hengerlandshire on Sunday morning pffft

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We had planned to arrive @Canterbury P&R Sat am but are setting off tonight to get past the problem just in case but thanks for the post (y)

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
We are on the Eurotunnel train at depart time Sat 17.50 but even though we only live in Herne Bay, we are going to fuel and gas up leave home 2pm just in case the M2 and A2 get too busy(y)

OP
OP
DJA

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Bump

OP
OP
DJA

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Your welcome Lunarman. Have a great trip.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Lots of local events going on in Kent this weekend drawing massive crowds at the end of the summer period.

I feel this is a knee jerk reaction by Highways England to try and gain public confidence following last week's horrendous footbridge collapse.

The remaining part of the footbridge is now taking less load than it was before and is probably the most resilient part of the structure. It also has much more clearance than the section that was hit.

So, nothing more than a public relations exercise when it could have been demolished during a quieter period outside of the holiday season.

OP
OP
DJA

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
A similar accident to the event on the M20 happened 30+ years ago just off the West end of the M2. A Lorry transporting an excavator knocked a single track road bridge off its mountings and crashed onto the A2. Fortuneately it happened on a Saturday morning at 8am with no resulting injuries as on a weekday with the rush hour traffic I hate to think what carnage it would have caused.

There are events at The Kent County Show Ground and at Paddock Wood which normally attract big crowds so I can imagine there could be long delays around here.

I can imagine that many driving along the M20 at the moment are not comfortble driving under the reamining bit so the quicker it is removed the better.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
We will look out for you as we are heading towards Dover on Sunday now ready for our Monday morning crossing. Don't want to risk getting delayed and missing the ferry. :doh:

I'll be ready to wave :france:
french lorry drivers are supposed to be blocking the port starting on the 5th Sept in protest over the jungle, i changed my crossing from the 5th to the 3rd.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Shopkeepers, businessmen, farmers and police unionists in Calais have pledged to block 'indefinitely' the motorway leading to the port with a 'human chain', saying they will not break it until the migrant Jungle camp that has now swollen to up to 10,000 people is totally dismantled.

The unprecedented action, due to start on Monday, came as the local head of France’s national haulage federation warned: "Migrant violence hasn’t gone up a notch, it’s gone up 10 floors."

Lorry driver representatives issued a joint call with an umbrella group of shops and businesses in Calais, the CGT union, farmers and the SCP Police union, saying that they had run out of less militant ways of calling a "halt to insecurity in Calais".

Migrants_on_the_road_to_Calais-large_trans++5yQLQqeH37t50SCyM4-zeGcv5yZLmao6LolmWYJrXns.jpg

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
french lorry drivers are supposed to be blocking the port starting on the 5th Sept in protest over the jungle, i changed my crossing from the 5th to the 3rd.
Yes we'd heard that. Luckily were sailing to Dunkirk but @Munchie might be affected if they start earlier than anticipated :swear2:. Fingers crossed they don't cancel too many ferries!!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We got down very well last night, had a lovely day in Canterbury and managed to bring our sailing forward to 02.00 Sat so we're 33hrs ahead of plan. (y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Shopkeepers, businessmen, farmers and police unionists in Calais have pledged to block 'indefinitely' the motorway leading to the port with a 'human chain', saying they will not break it until the migrant Jungle camp that has now swollen to up to 10,000 people is totally dismantled.

The unprecedented action, due to start on Monday, came as the local head of France’s national haulage federation warned: "Migrant violence hasn’t gone up a notch, it’s gone up 10 floors."

Lorry driver representatives issued a joint call with an umbrella group of shops and businesses in Calais, the CGT union, farmers and the SCP Police union, saying that they had run out of less militant ways of calling a "halt to insecurity in Calais".

Migrants_on_the_road_to_Calais-large_trans++5yQLQqeH37t50SCyM4-zeGcv5yZLmao6LolmWYJrXns.jpg
Flipping eck - the power of a French Striker!
They only announced it, didn't yet do it and lo & behold...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...torn-down-by-the-end-of-the-year-french-gove/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back