Towbars to Tow cars (1 Viewer)

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We are thinking of viewing a car fitted with one of there A-Frames privately.
The kit has a 13 pin plug our MH only has a 7 pin socket but we have a adaptor.
Need to know if this will be ok. I have phoned Towbars to Tow cars and he will not tell me until he seas car and services the A-frame. !!!
I can modify the MH if need be but if we don't buy the car it's a wast of time.
Also how reliable are these systems be good to get some feedback.

Chris

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We are thinking of viewing a car fitted with one of there A-Frames privately.
The kit has a 13 pin plug our MH only has a 7 pin socket but we have a adaptor.
Need to know if this will be ok. I have phoned Towbars to Tow cars and he will not tell me until he seas car and services the A-frame. !!!
I can modify the MH if need be but if we don't buy the car it's a wast of time.
Also how reliable are these systems be good to get some feedback.

Chris
I find them an excellent company, very knowlegable on the subject and reasonable price with great after sales.

.... I had the same situation with our previous moho and toad. The toad requires a permanant live feed at the towbar to keep toad battery charged.

I don't remember the exact cost but they did the necessary wiring, fitted a 13 pin socket and a warning light on the dash and it was around £100.

I previously towed the car for about 250 miles using the 7/13 pin adaptor without any problem but felt it worth having the alterations for peace of mind.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I find them an excellent company, very knowlegable on the subject and reasonable price with great after sales.

.... I had the same situation with our previous moho and toad. The toad requires a permanant live feed at the towbar to keep toad battery charged.

I don't remember the exact cost but they did the necessary wiring, fitted a 13 pin socket and a warning light on the dash and it was around £100.

I previously towed the car for about 250 miles using the 7/13 pin adaptor without any problem but felt it worth having the alterations for peace of mind.
I didn't buy from them in the end (went for Unibrake instead) but found them excellent to deal with

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013

I agree, great company to deal with. We bought a car from them which they fitted the A frame to. Very impressed
Chris

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It should be fine with your adapter if wired to standard code of practice, what you wont have is whatever features the 13 pin was giving,
such as Toad battery charging and possibly others but all your lights etc should still work
Rather than Wont tell you i'd suggest he cant tell you with any certainty as some customers have
differing requirements and many are wired differently for varying reasons,
Its always a good idea to have 2nd hand equipment looked over by someone who knows what there on with, hence his service comment as 90% of it will be a visual check for cracked or damaged rose joints etc and weld fractures
G

BGB

Free Member
Feb 28, 2016
GAINSBOROUGH
Funster No
MH
PANEL VAN CONVERSION
Exp
SINCE AUGUST 2015
Recently had a car modified by them (towbars 2 towcars), an Aygo with low miles, they checked over my motorhome system which was fitted by others, explained it all to me.....checked it all out and towed home, then went off to Sandringham for a break. Great system, no problems using it, nice professional company, not the cheapest system but works well.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back