Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato MWB selfbuild
Exp
1 year
Well here we are in lovely Wales but can't get my motorhomefun wifi to work. CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE ?
I had it set up at home ,with password , now first time out I've forgot how to set it up, when I connect up it as my name with a good signal but can't remember how to get onto wifi site to enter my password , I hope this makes sense ?
Regards and thanks in advance
Landyman

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What sort of system have you got? Is it the Motorhome WiFi iBoost?

OP
OP
PAT N PAUL

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
This is the one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 44

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've got a home made booster and it probably uses different addresses and steps to yours but perhaps it might serve as a reminder if I describe what I do.

I open up a browser and enter 192.168.2.1 in the address bar. This then connects to the booster where I have to enter my user name and password. I then go to the wireless tab and get it to scan for networks. I then choose the one I want and connect to it. You then need to connect to the actual wifi network you have logged on to which can vary depending on what you have and what you are using. But on my Android tablet there will be a thing to "sign in to wifi network" which I click on and follow the direction to enter any user name and password given by the campsite. Of course some net works are open and you don't need to do that.

In summary, it is a two step process. Log onto the booster and select the network. Then log into the network you are connected to.

I must emphasise this is what I do with mine - the one you have may be different.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Open your browser on whatever device you choose.

In the address bar type 10.20.30.40

Do not type any of the usual things - http or .com or anything like that.

That will take you to the iBoost log in page.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Did someone not bring their instructions? :)

they are maybe only available online o_O been there with other stuff, nothing worse than the recorded BT message while you hold for ever for help when router has failed, telling you all the information I might need will be online :mad:

OP
OP
PAT N PAUL

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
Hi, well managed to get on thanks to the numbers given, the list of available connections came up , but not able to connect to them, must be me doing something wrong, still can't find were I need to put username and password, still no wifi
Thanks for you replys
Regards

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi, well managed to get on thanks to the numbers given, the list of available connections came up , but not able to connect to them, must be me doing something wrong, still can't find were I need to put username and password, still no wifi
Thanks for you replys
Regards
You can only connect to networks for which you have the password or number. For example on a campsite. You won't be able to connect to a local business unless it is unprotected, which is unlikely.

What sort of networks can you see?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PAT N PAUL

PAT N PAUL

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
retford nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
Yes all I can see are campsites , I am with bt fon but unable to see any , so thanks again for your help I'll keep an eye out for any bt fon connections while on my travels

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thread title changed from MotorhomeFun WiFi to MotorhomeWifi

Is MotorhomeFun wifi still under development then Jim?:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes all I can see are campsites , I am with bt fon but unable to see any , so thanks again for your help I'll keep an eye out for any bt fon connections while on my travels
You have just come up with the dreaded words, bt fon :( have a look at other threads that are on today.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back