Wanted lifan dax etc monkeybike (1 Viewer)

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
wanted one of these monkeybikewanted to fit in the locker of the motorhome. Wife says it would be nice if red but I'm more open. Can't afford the original Hondas so looking at a cheaper Chinese import one
Pm me with details and price if you have one you want to sell

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Look at Lexmoto Gladiator 125 .monkey bikes are small and not comfortable for 2 people .We have had ours nearly 3 years and done nearly 2000 miles.
It cost £1050 inc double top box and delivery to our house .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As Suggy says, monkey bikes are NOT comfortable at all for 2 up ... we've had these types ourselves and they are okay for 1 up (ie you have one each) but certainly not for 2! They are small so fit in garages easily but that's about all they really have going for them ... in fact you'll find if you get one that it sits in there most of the time as you won't want to go out on it together!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Exactly why I want one as its the only thing that will fit in the garage. Only want it for small trips out not too bothered how comfy /cool it is

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have had a easyrider 90cc for 15 years its really a jincheng . only problem is it brakes speedo cables . but i do use it off road lots .
i have tried others but find the 90cc is smooth and not as vibratey as some .
i have carried two often but yes it can be tight if both a bit big.
but then its not really a lets go on a long run vehicle .
mine is used alot . away and here at home .
i do have bigger bikes but these days just for a quick local ride i tend to use the dax. folk laugh at me but thats ok i,m laughing all the time i,m on it.
have used 50cc versions and they are ok but a bit slower. still carry two.
have ridden one that had a 180cc engine but that was just dangerous.
a german built version but frightening . 100mph on a dax incredible.
but hope you get one .
i built my truck with a garage just to take a dax or two. good decision .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
heres a couple of pics in maroc . its hard on the bikes there.

Attachments

• P1140064.JPG
    734.5 KB · Views: 18
  • maroc2003-4 058.jpg
    maroc2003-4 058.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 48

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
folk laugh at me but thats ok i,m laughing all the time i,m on it..

Honda have endorsed "small" in a Big Way with the Grom. I can't stop grinning just looking at them.

I wonder if that would fit his garage.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
AKA MSX125

Oh yes.

The thing about them is they ooze quality. No-one would laugh at these, just be envious.

And looking at your links, you can buy one for what ( silly ? ) people are paying for a pushbike with a little electric motor glued on.

Love the Repsol one in Rochdale.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Honda have endorsed "small" in a Big Way with the Grom. I can't stop grinning just looking at them.

I wonder if that would fit his garage.
just exactly the style of m,bike i would never buy.
i,m still a kid when on my dax .
plus can imagine those being good on morocco tracks or playing in spain etc .
might be wrong .
but no crutch rocket style not for me .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
possibly if i was building a new truck i might make the garage higher so i could get my suzuki tu grasstracker in the back. no windshield now only put it on when using the bike for work. was quite rare when i first got it in 74 . but there are a few getting around now .

Attachments

• img147.jpg
    img147.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 21

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Saw one of these today in a dealers for the first time, I was quite impressed, I thought it ideal for a motorhome subject to weight. I did wince at the new price though.
Grom:

Displacement: 124.9cc
Seat Height: 30.1 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.45 gallons
Weight: 225 pounds

The Honda Grom, brand new in 2014, doesn't resemble too many other motorcycles with its 12-inch tires and full size frame, but that's OK with Honda. The company is attracting new, young riders who want something different—maybe a little funky. The 4-speed fuel injected single cylinder 125cc engine is so unique that experienced riders are choosing this as an urban "fun-mover." Seat height is on the high side for true beginners, but if height is not an issue, the Grom makes a "different" choice on which to start your motorcycle journey. For 2017, the Grom's been redesigned for a sharper, more aggressive look.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just spotted this on Ebay:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
becareful though monkey bikes are single seaters .
had a couple . you can lift the front wheel so easy . real maniac riding .
i bought a 125 version and it was lethal.
good fun .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
becareful though monkey bikes are single seaters .
had a couple . you can lift the front wheel so easy . real maniac riding .
i bought a 125 version and it was lethal.
good fun .
Totally agree, we had a Honda Chaly once and whilst it was great fun one-up, it was VERY uncomfortable two-up and way toooooooooo easy to do wheelies no matter how careful you were pulling away - it could easily have plonked the passenger (me) off the back on my bum and done damage to my spine etc!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i find the dax much more stable . still incredibly good fun .
when i bought mine i was a bit amazed of the engine optiond available . i really didnt realise that the chinese were offering so many . this was back in 2001. . i had actually gone to buy my 1500cc drifter . ended up buying the biggest and almost the smallest in the show room . ha ha . i went for the 90cc as i had riden 90cc stepthroughs my mum had . have tried 50cc they are ok. also bought 125cc versions . my mates have 125cc ones but i like the 90cc . plus have had it so long now might never sell it .
about 10 miles one way two up is enough . but great for local sight seeing or topping the shopping .
but we all find things to suit . when i built the truck it was going to be a honda dax but seeing the jincheng easyrider and the price . it was a grand years ago ,the last of the honda,s were 2,500 quid i,m glad i bought chinese. mind have a good look at what ever your buying the quality does differ.
certainly c,g,chell that run easyrider are a good crowd to deal with . they are in stafford .

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
many thanks for all your replies given me a lot to think about whilst im searching for the right one for us. in no rush really but need one for next year so going to look around

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back