brake parts suppliers who don't rip you off! (1 Viewer)

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
I have a Fiat Ducato based motorhome and needed to renew front discs, pads and calipers. The prices for calipers were astromonical, however, I found www.brakeparts.co.uk and saved £127+ on these parts. Also, shortly after I bought the van the brake servo failed and they are as rare as the proverbial rocking horse poo. I got mine refurbished by www.jlspares.com at a very reasonable price. I have no connection with these companies apart from being a satisfied (and grateful) customer. They supply parts for most makes of vehicles. Hope this helps someone.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have a Fiat Ducato based motorhome and needed to renew front discs, pads and calipers.

Thanks for the recommendation (y)

I have been trawling for brake parts and I have bought from a mix of the local motor factor and ebay.
The brake pads and shoes from the motor factor as well as the service kit.

For sliders and boots I went to ebay as one supplier was cheaper than anyone else and had a very good rating and carried a full stock.

For the caliper I went to another ebay supplier who refurbs them (but also sells on ebay).

£57 for a refurbed caliper.

I will probably be buying the disk from ebay as well. I can't order until the back brake system has been stripped down as they come in a variety of sizes and you need to measure the central hole. But I can save about £30 on buying the disks from ebay

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Where I work sell at least 3 different makes of discs and pads/shoes. I would always pay the extra and buy the best quality items (Apec, or Brake Engineering) than the least expensive for the sake of a few quid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Maybe a bit off topic but could be a handy link for someone..

I needed a new clutch for my Mower.. £200 new.. Found somone on ebay who did a re-lining for £80..
Local search found these guys, small family firm... Got it done £25 :)

http://www.industrialbrakes.co.uk/

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
My vehicle is quite old (1992) is one of the reasons the parts were so expensive. The servo was not available. I got one from Mike Chubb, No 1 Bits in Chard, but it was the wrong one fitted an older model so had to get mine refurbished. Fiat changed the servo at the beginning of 1990 but kept it a relative secret!!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Great links
I bought my German made discs and Brembo pads direct from Germany via buycarparts.co.uk
Front discs and pads came to under £100 delivered
Rears £126

Thread here including fitting pictures.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/buying-brake-parts-for-x250s-and-fitting-guides.126084/

image-jpeg.103625

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back