French "Operation Snail" from 5 September (1 Viewer)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
French milk producers are in "talks" with Lactalis in Laval, Mayenne seeking more money. There is no evidence that this will spill over to Calais but most agricultural rows seem to.

We are not due to cross to UK until 18/9 which allows plenty of time for things to clear up or more likely flare up.

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Due out 5th Monday so may have a problem , going to Belgium for 2 days was planning A16 ☹️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
The blockade Monday the 5th is nothing to do with milk, It is to do with the jungle even the police are helping the lorry drivers to blockade the port according to our local news (Kent) and say they will not give up the blockade until they get assurance's from the Goverment that the jungle is going to be pulled down. I was traveling on Monday morning via Euro tunnel but had to change my plans , so now travelling on Saturday the 3rd, it might not happen but if it does, could go on for days, they say they will not stop the blockade till they get the answers they are looking for.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The blockade Monday the 5th is nothing to do with milk, It is to do with the jungle even the police are helping the lorry drivers to blockade the port according to our local news (Kent) and say they will not give up the blockade until they get assurance's from the Goverment that the jungle is going to be pulled down. I was traveling on Monday morning via Euro tunnel but had to change my plans , so now travelling on Saturday the 3rd, it might not happen but if it does, could go on for days, they say they will not stop the blockade till they get the answers they are looking for.
Better make sure the water tank is filled up and a full bottle of gas , empty toilet then we can sit and watch the fun in comfort when we go over Tuesday(y)(y):)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Lets hope all goes well.
It will be orate, we were over in May when everyone was panicking about diesel, not a bit of bother till we got back here , and operation stack held us up for four hours, keep to the back roads , you won't know any things occurring (y):)

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Summary
Still current at:
3 September 2016
Updated:
2 September 2016
Latest update:
Summary – French hauliers and unions are planning protests in the Calais area on 5 September 2016, which are likely to lead to significant disruption on the A16 motorway around Calais; there may be limited access to the Eurotunnel terminal and access to Calais port may also be disrupted; contact your travel company/operator for the latest information on their services and be prepared for delays

Information and advice for British nationals travelling and living in Europe, following the result of the EU referendum.

French hauliers and unions are planning protests in the Calais area on 5 September 2016, which are likely to lead to significant disruption on the A16 motorway around Calais. There may be limited access to the Eurotunnel terminal. Access to Calais port may also be disrupted. Contact your travel company/operator for the latest information on their services and be prepared for delays.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france

Pete

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
They have had a promise today that The Jungle will be gone by dec. BUSBY,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back