Filling Gaslow (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just been to fill my Gaslow bottles at a L'eclerc at Ruffec and the lady came out of the pay booth and I thought here goes she won't be letting me fill up but no she asked to see the bottles, had a quick look and OK, so filled at 0.69€ per litre.
First time anybody has wanted to check since I fitted Gaslow in 2011.(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Big "Pheeeewwwwww" moment.

They must employ very well trained pay booth operators in France, degree in gas installations required.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
filled at 0.69€ per litre.

I filled up at 59p here in Woodbridge.. .. same price as France..

When I had the RV with a bulk LPG tank, was asked by the forecourt attendant at a French filling station if the gas was for cooking... innocently, I said yes..

she said sorry, you can't fill with gas, not suitable, it's only for engines.. .. never been asked since..

Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I just filled at ASDA today for 47.7p and it took longer than usual for the pump to start. Held the button close to a minute before it delivered.

Q? with the exchange rate currently around 1:17 perhaps mine was cheaper than 69cents?:p

In London it is 1€ for the loo o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
The buzzer was ringing on the attendant's control board but she was busy on Facebook...

First things first...

JJ :cool:

The Ringer was probably buzzing which cancelled out the buzzing ringer.(or something to that effect)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Big "Pheeeewwwwww" moment.

They must employ very well trained pay booth operators in France, degree in gas installations required.

They've certainly got better 'people' skills than is usually encountered here in the UK.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes some will do it . but most are charged themselves at the higher rate .
i have an acount with calo so if using one of their own filling plants i can ge it at the lower rate .
have been hassling flo gas at the end of my street about it as i also have an acount with them . but not got it so far. john thompson as also hassled them . country farmers or something up country do it but no depots round here .
mind i do get a good price from flogas on bottles just to stop me going on to them all the time .

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
My fill worked out at £0.53 because I'm still on 1.30€ rate on Revolut card, still using the money I changed at higher rate earlier in the year.
Yes I get 5% vat rate when I use Countrywide which I have an account with.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Anybody tried to fill up 'domestic' gas from a filling station at the correct VAT rate i.e. 5%?

No.. clue is in the name..

It's called Autogas and is retailed for ... engines.. not domestic use.. i.e. camper van appliances.

and if you ask you are only drawing attention to the fact you are not using as an engine fuel.. . Attendants are twitchy enough as it is..

and what would be the saving on say filling an 11kg bottle = 22 litres. at 60p = £13.20 ? ... less than 2 quid

Filling at Countrywide or other outlets is fine.. ask away

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back