Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
We have the chance to set off on October 17th for 6 or 7 weeks, I know it won't be hot, but where do we stand the best chance of finding dry, warm weather.

Thanks in advance

Lynne

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Another vote for Southern Spain (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Got to be Spain!(y)
A week to get there,spend 5 weeks there and a week to get back!:)

You lucky so and so!:)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Head towards S Spain, if you are lucky enough to find warmth in S France or N Spain, stop there while good weather lasts.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Good for you - no more waiting - live life :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thank you, I am a bit nervous though, I will feel better when I have told them though.
I know it's a bit of a blow to the ego, I struggled with it for some time, but - you'll be horrified at how quickly they start to manage without you once they know you're going!!!
Which - when you get time to reflect on it - makes it easier for you because up to that point you'll probably feel a bit guilty for leaving them in the lurch - which you aren't doing at all.
And trust me, by going away as soon as you finish work you are doing EXACTLY the right thing! - clean break, new life, new adventures... THIS will be the best time of your life :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Costa Blanca,,Costa del Sol,,hot in oct,still sunny and warm all winter,,,BUSBY..

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I'd love to recommend the South West of Scotland, but I can't, it'll rain here.

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
We're off in 3 weeks to spend 5 weeks in Benidorm.

John.
Sounds great, I hope to make it next year. Where are you staying? I would love to do a tour from Barcelona along the coast and even get as far as Gibraltar. Any recommendations but must haves is a swimming pool.

I'm hoping to get a good deal at the NEC in October, if not a nearly new motorhome is next in line.

The big problem is.... I'm retired but never worked so hard before! I keep getting offers I cant refuse. When mh arrives, I will have to say no to all and just go.

I'm keen to know any pleasant sites near beaches, restaurants and preferably with a pool to cool off in

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We can only get away for 6 weeks and our style getting to Benidorm is not everyone's cup of tea. We sail Dover to Calais midnight stop at aire for a sleep, then I just drive down towards Bordeaux stop at the nearest aire overnight. The next day we drive to Pou, stop on the aire overnight,next morning early we drive to Sommport tunnel and drive through Spain getting to Benidorm about 7-30 pm we camp at La Toretta campsite as they except dogs.
Our little Jack Russell passed away last week so we might try Villasol camp site.
If we could go for longer I would take longer getting there enjoying the places we travel through. Also the same homeward bound.
As I said not everyone's cup of tea.

John.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry to hear this @Neckender , looks like a sweet little dog
Yes she was a beautiful dog 15 years old passed away last Monday, by the way her ears were not that big they were part of her Christmas hat.
She's sadly missed.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back