Reputable Ducato repair Norfolk? (1 Viewer)

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hi all,
I've got a leaking radiator and non-functioning air con on my 2011 2.3l PVC -
Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in Norfolk?? I've done a little search here and can't see anything relevant.
Thanks in advance!!
Jac

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I can recommend the garage I use in Stratton Strawless if it's in the right area for you.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Main dealer at Diss is Desira motors

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Thanks lads, I went from garage to garage in Kings Lynn yesterday and managed to find a diamond!! He instantly found the leak in a pipe leading from the expansion container, and will sort out my air con (Desira told me I would probably need a new radiator and I thought that was a little hasty).
Always get a second opinion!!!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Main dealer at Diss is Desira motors

I have had decent service from them but in my last service the "technician" broke the air filter housing and punched a hole in a wheel arch lining to get at a headlamp. I found the damage in returning home. To be fairl they sent out a replacement air filter housing and fitted it but it hardly gave me confidence. I won't be going back.

I understand Simpsons Gt Yarmouth are Fiat Professional approved and Becks a little further up the coast have a good reputation.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have had decent service from them but in my last service the "technician" broke the air filter housing and punched a hole in a wheel arch lining to get at a headlamp. I found the damage in returning home. To be fairl they sent out a replacement air filter housing and fitted it but it hardly gave me confidence. I won't be going back.

I understand Simpsons Gt Yarmouth are Fiat Professional approved and Becks a little further up the coast have a good reputation.

I only went to them to get the Fiat panel light issue sorted which hasn't really solved the problem.
I bought from Becks and they recommended a Fiat main dealer first annual service when it comes up.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Thanks lads, I went from garage to garage in Kings Lynn yesterday and managed to find a diamond!! He instantly found the leak in a pipe leading from the expansion container, and will sort out my air con (Desira told me I would probably need a new radiator and I thought that was a little hasty).
Always get a second opinion!!!

It wouldn't be Kings Lynn Auto Electrical, formerly Cragmay, by any chance that sorted you? I'm local and may need him one day if you don't mind sharing the name?:)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Desira at Diss have given me good service in the past but when I took my Carthago to them for a simple Fiat recall they told me that they could do the mod as it didn't require the vehicle being lifted. They wouldn't be able to carry out servicing though because their vehicle lift was in a position that it couldn't handle the length, 7.5m.
Seems a bit strange for a Fiat Professional dealer but I did wonder if the A class layout was putting the mechanics off and they couldn't be bothered with the extra hassle that might be involved.

Richard.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
@Bailey58 - The chap I'm using in King's Lynn is Matt Lane at Lane's Motor Services in the North Lynn Industrial Estate. He was swamped but still took the time to have a thorough look, source the part and explain exactly what needed doing. Patient, un-patronising and professional!! Probably couldn't manage anything other than a PVC though - small bays. The van will go in next Thursday for air con and to sort my rad leak. I'll post the final result here afterwards.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back