• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Contentantal VanCamper unused tyre and wheel (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have for sale an Unused 16" Fiat wheel for (Ducato) with an Unused 16" 225/75 Contenental VanCamper tyre. Taken from a 2014 M/H kept as the spare. Cannot be described as new , as clearly 2 years old, but condition is as good as. £130 About half the price for spanking new.
Collect from Norwich or the Lincoln Show.
Telephone 01603.880984

May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
I have for sale an Unused 16" Fiat wheel for (Ducato) with an Unused 16" 225/75 Contenental VanCamper tyre. Taken from a 2014 M/H kept as the spare. Cannot be described as new , as clearly 2 years old, but condition is as good as. £130 About half the price for spanking new.
Collect from Norwich or the Lincoln Show.
Telephone 01603.880984

Hi,
Interested in spare wheel, but can you tell me if it is on a steel wheel or alloy? Also, I think the new MH I'm buying is shod with Michelin camper tyres size 225/75 R16. Any thoughts on mixing the two makes on the same axle in the event of a puncture?
Regards
Ian

OP
OP

Deleted User
I would think same spec i.e. size etc won't make any difference. If it was a high speed performance car differeing traction and braking I would be concerned, but as this would be a stop gap spare, until you can get another Michelin the right garage and right price etc. Am sure it would be fine. You say a new MH, this wheel is on a steel rim. Do you have a spare wheel carrier fitted, as they take up a huge amount in the garage, and the rubber stains any lino etc. Know to my cost, as carried it inside behind the driver. So went on ebay on bought a carrier. No drilling and my son fitted in about an hour. But I did have plenty of different lengths of nuts and bolts as the ones supplied, didn't work. Also the carrier dosn't come with a spanner, special order from Fiat at about a tenner.
Congrats on the new Dromedary, what make etc?
We bought a Dethleffs Trend, 7m, 2 single beds and very happy.

Also Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Ian,
Sounds promising, but I guess I better see what tyres are definitely on the new MH (a Burstner it726g) and what space might be available for a carrier underneath. Though I had planned to mount it in the garage- which is bigger than our existing Bessacarr 484 garage- also housing a spare wheel. I had already read about the different length of mounting bolts between alloy and steel on other forum threads - so I guess it's just something else to carry!
What is the Dethleffs Trend you have, is it similar to the Burstner Ixeo 680G with a drop down bed?

OP
OP

Deleted User
Good Morning Ian,
You're way posher than me. The trend is 2 single beds in the rear, small garage space, small dining area. Have seen the espirit of a friends and was very impressed especially with the double floor, masses of extra convenient small item storage. If I was to change I would look for one, but expect to pay about £10k more for same year.
Re the bolts, this was in reference to the mounting of the spare wheel carrier, not the wheels. I'm guessing your van is going to have ali wheels. Personally I would look to buy a spare aluminium wheel, if your are aluminium.1. You know without doubt it will fit, and 2.Probably a couple of kilo lighter. Don't know if the Burstner is a Fiat based chassis. I am very new to this, only buying in January, prior camping experience is as a Scout Leader for 24 years of which I retired from in 2000. So pretty way behind the times, especially on all the new canvas styles, and safari tents for campers. All new to me.
Would like to increase my weight from 3.5 to 3.8, but cannot see the justification in a paper exercise costing £300+
Ian

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Would like to increase my weight from 3.5 to 3.8, but cannot see the justification in a paper exercise costing £300+
only £142 through JR Consultancy but £300 with sv tech

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks Big One, will have a search to find their site.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
image-jpeg.116718

OP
OP

Deleted User
I owe you a large beer or as in my case RandC Rum and Coke. Gave me a quote of £142, I will sort in the next week.

May 20, 2015
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo TD728
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Ian,
Glad you're getting sorted with the upgrade. Thought about this as well, but was told it had to be done through Burstner -who are on hols. during August (apparently). So will see how it goes with my usual loading before deciding.
On the subject of our Bessacarr 484, fine MH but with some drawbacks. We believe at the moment that changing to single beds -as in the Burstner- is the dream (no pun intended) layout instead of transverse bed, but we MH'ers always seem to be searching for "that perfect layout" it seems!
All the best
Ian
Ps Have a RandC on me, my fav too.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Don't want to be left with the wheel and tyre over the winter, so reduced to £110.
Ian

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
@RanC what do you need paperwork wise for JR to do the uprating? Thanks.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Hi Lively Toad,
He wanted a colour copy of page 2 of the log sheet and a photo of the plate, if poor quality write everything down on say a postcard exactly as stamped. Then a cheque.
But he has some family business to attend to and should be in action again in a couple of weeks. But no harm in sending, ready for when the 'old boy' is free and available again.
Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back