Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Looks as though we're going to be ordering an electric trike for Ginny any day now which presents me with the issue of how to stick it on the back of the motorhome!

We have a towbar that was originally fitted for a motorcycle rack and I was pondering on how I might be able to either have one made or fabricate it myself. Either way it will inevitably be only suitable whilst we have our current motorhome. Then I noticed some quite substantial looking towball fitted bike racks and a quick google search unveiled this one. About £360 with vat from get cycling. Looks OK, anybody tried one or know of any alternatives.

img879-lrg.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Not a bad idea, but prefer not to be dragging a trailer all the way down to Spain :eek:

you wouldn't know it's on the back.. I towed a box trailer with the RV .. only difficult part was reversing, an absolute bugger to keep straight.. often easier to unhitch and push it back..

it's also useful for other jobs.. like taking rubbish to the tip.. and easy to sell on..

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
.. I towed a box trailer with the RV .. only difficult part was reversing, an absolute bugger to keep straight..

If you had any idea how many times I still have to reverse out of situations Jim :rolleyes:...wrong toll lane, wrong line at the fuel pumps, wrong road, no more than 3.5 tons...still wasn't a good short cut etc etc :LOL::(:coffee::cry:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
If you had any idea how many times I still have to reverse out of situations Jim :rolleyes:...wrong toll lane, wrong line at the fuel pumps, wrong road, no more than 3.5 tons...still wasn't a good short cut etc etc :LOL::(:coffee::cry:
You're not using my khizzie are you as that sounds just what my motorhome does to me ,don't understand it it doesn't happen when my son drives it . Lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
A friend of mine with a Murvi has an electric trike - they use a Thule EasyBase. I have one too and it's incredibly versatile - I use it to carry both my electric bike and my touring bike. Have a look:
https://www.thule.com/en/il/cargo-carrier/towbar-cargo-carriers/thule-easybase-949-_-949000

I bought mine lightly used off ebay for about £100. They can be found new for as low as £150.

That looks a nice bit of kit but the trike we're looking at is 74cm wide at the back wheels and the Thule is 60cm deep so doesn't look big enough. Do you know what electric trike your friend has? Although we've found one locally I would be interested in what else is on the market. Not to many of them about!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back