Interested in C&CC Temporary Holiday Sites? (2 Viewers)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Talking to a very nice man earlier today about one of the above he made me aware of a facebook group called

'The camping and caravanning club - All DA's'

Nothing to do with the actual c&cc - it's run by a couple of blokes who are committee members of one of the DA's.

I've had a quick look and it seems very good (he did tell me the club have tried to buy it:Eeek:) but they've refused as they want to keep it run by members, for members.

Has lots of info about the THS's /DA meets etc.

It is a closed group, so you have to ask to join & they also request an email with a pic of your membership card.

Thought it was worth a mention on here:)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
There is also a c&cc app called 'out and about' which gives details of holiday sites and meets. Seems to work quite well.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Been a member for a while now they are very helpful especially regarding Amanda and her exception card x
Kate x

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
These meets are all listed at the back of the monthly magazine you do need to show your membership card though I believe, and are run by members of different area sections but as I understand it all members are welcome.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
These meets are all listed at the back of the monthly magazine you do need to show your membership card though I believe, and are run by members of different area sections but as I understand it all members are welcome.

Yes all members are welcome on a first come first served basis, unless told to book in advance. You do need to show your membership card on arrival.

Pete

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That's one of the great attractions, especially when outside influences can mean late plan changes.
MCC rallies are the same.

Mar 11, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Went to one in Cromer a couple of weeks ago. Organised by our area local members... quite cheap too at £10/night showers, toilet, water & dump.
It was very popular.

About a 15min stroll into town too!

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We stumbled accross one in Marazion while we were there. After a night in a rat infested layby it was a pleasant change and we had a wonderful view of st michaels mount all lit up at night. Oh and the Maizey eve fireworks too...result!

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I'm not 100% sure that all meets are listed in the mag - I've seen several listed on the Waterside DA website that haven't been published. The booking officer I was chatting to yesterday did say it all depends on the da's submitting info for the mag cut off dates (and also the club keeping up to date)

I have the c&cc out & about app on my ipad but don't find it easy to use - perhaps that's just me:confused: it's designed to run on a phone I guess.

I've only had a facebook account a couple of months and don't particularly like it but I do like that with this particular page you can look at events by date order and click the links for more info.

It's just another tool and anything that helps us to find value for money places to stay is fine by me:)

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Ive been wondering about downloading that app Debs but unless you have an internet connection while on the move you cant access it can you? Ive wondered about my phone but try not to use the internet on that.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Ive been wondering about downloading that app Debs but unless you have an internet connection while on the move you cant access it can you? Ive wondered about my phone but try not to use the internet on that.
I don't know to be honest - I seem to think that Roy was using it a while ago @Khizzie how are you finding it? Can you help Madge with her query? (Apologies for my cr*p memory if it wasn't you:rolleyes:)
We always try to remember to take the latest mag with us anyway:D

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520

You can access and use the website without being connected to the Internet

Pete

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I don't know to be honest - I seem to think that Roy was using it a while ago @Khizzie how are you finding it? Can you help Madge with her query? (Apologies for my cr*p memory if it wasn't you:rolleyes:)
We always try to remember to take the latest mag with us anyway:D
I just use the c&cc site app ,@Debs so you're right your memory is Cxap haha.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm not 100% sure that all meets are listed in the mag - I've seen several listed on the Waterside DA website that haven't been published. The booking officer I was chatting to yesterday did say it all depends on the da's submitting info for the mag cut off dates (and also the club keeping up to date)
No doubt that is true - and the mag can't hope to keep up with late changes due to circumstances such as waterlogged fields - but the DAs tend to keep their own web sites up to date don't they?

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
No doubt that is true - and the mag can't hope to keep up with late changes due to circumstances such as waterlogged fields - but the DAs tend to keep their own web sites up to date don't they?
No idea Graham - but with the 'All DA's' you'd only need to look in one place, no need to know which DA is running an event that you were interested in. I never thought I'd find a use for facebook but am finding it helpful with regard to local businesses.

@Khizzie isn't that the one Madge was asking about?;) (The club app)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No idea Graham - but with the 'All DA's' you'd only need to look in one place, no need to know which DA is running an event that you were interested in. I never thought I'd find a use for facebook but am finding it helpful with regard to local businesses.

At the end of the day FB is just a tool so if you find it useful then that's fine, well worth using. Their attitude still doesn't attract me back though :)
I just used the app to find a substitute destination for the next few days as we had to cancel our planned Tall Ships trip :)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
P

Could be right @Debs ..as lost thread some time ago ,but if it is the one ,I find it a doddle to use. In fact its the only way I book any site etc from c&cc ..

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hhmm ! Cant find the out and about app on my windows phone . Is it android only .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hhmm ! Cant find the out and about app on my windows phone . Is it android only .
Android and IOS, not Windows.
I thought the same was true of the SiteSeeker app. The C&CC web site says so but Googling shows that it can run on a Windows phone using something called APK (no idea what that is as I don't use a Windows phone :)).

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
image.png
The new out and about app is good for finding any meets and ths's. It can also find these within a programmed radius of your location upto 100 miles

It has filters for different locations, DA's and organisers. Handy piece of kit if you have internet when 'out and about'.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Android and IOS, not Windows.
I thought the same was true of the SiteSeeker app. The C&CC web site says so but Googling shows that it can run on a Windows phone using something called APK (no idea what that is as I don't use a Windows phone :)).
Yes I run site seeker on my android tablet ,cant do sod all on my windows phone which is any use to me ...wont get another one that's for sure . Hate the body thing.

Reactions: GJH

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
That's one of the great attractions, especially when outside influences can mean late plan changes
Yes I run site seeker on my android tablet ,cant do sod all on my windows phone which is any use to me ...wont get another one that's for sure . Hate the body thing.
Can't you get the app on an android device and then tether to your windows phone.

I downloaded onto iPad then use my windows phone to access the internet and tether them when on the road.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Can't you get the app on an android device and then tether to your windows phone.

I downloaded onto iPad then use my windows phone to access the internet and tether them when on the road.
No idea ,not that technically clever. ,so will load it onto my iPad and use it from there. Thanks for your input. Rotq

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back