Germans Stockpiling Food Water and money??? (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The German government have declared that the German People must stockpile Food Water Money and medicines for a period of at least ten days, in preparation for an undisclosed emergency situation, this is in all the major news outlets and Reuters etc.
It may be financial crash pending, war situation or as a lot of reports mention a blow up of the refugee crisis and terrorist attacks expected from sleepers in the Country.
I was planning to go there in the very near future but have revised my plans, North of Scotland looks better now.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The German government have declared that the German People must stockpile Food Water Money and medicines for a period of at least ten days, in preparation for an undisclosed emergency situation, this is in all the major news outlets and Reuters etc.
It may be financial crash pending, war situation or as a lot of reports mention a blow up of the refugee crisis and terrorist attacks expected from sleepers in the Country.
I was planning to go there in the very near future but have revised my plans, North of Scotland looks better now.
Would imagine most people have already got 10 days food in the house.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Would imagine most people have already got 10 days food in the house.

When my missus leaves me and buggers off to Benidorm on a girls trip, I live out of our freezer easily for 2 weeks !!! :)
All I buy is bread (and cider)..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
beer-belly-fat-man-funny-germany.jpg

seems this guy has stocked up:LOL::LOL:

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Was there last week, maybe I picked the right time to head to Switzerland then!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Well it hasn't affected the Euro so it can't be that serious a situation or is it just scare mongering.
Mmm I Wonder who started this one
Bill

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I used to work with a fella that was a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints |(Jehovah Witness) he had to store enough food for his family AND the house either side for 1 year.
This was in the 1970s and NZ .
Anyone know if it is still the same?

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
hang on i'll knock on next door's door in my suit................

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I used to work with a fella that was a member of the Church of Latter Day Saints |(Jehovah Witness) he had to store enough food for his family AND the house either side for 1 year.

Mr Picky here.
The Church of Latter day Saints are the Mormons, not Jehovahs witnesses. :)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.

Well at least in the north of Scotland you'll only have midge's to worry about.
On a serious note, the decaying situation in "Europe" is enough to stop us from visiting mainland Europe anytime soon. Perhaps that makes us the prisoners, but I'd rather be an alive prisoner that a dead terrorist target, He who lives & runs away gets to fight another day. Now just what we'll do when another major terrorism incident hits mainland Britain is anyone's guess.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Well it hasn't affected the Euro so it can't be that serious a situation or is it just scare mongering.
Mmm I Wonder who started this one
Bill

Probably the media. When there is little news (in their opinion) they will grasp at anything.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Probably a cynical ploy to boost their retail sales.

Anyone remember Heinz putting out a deliberate rumour that their sandwich spread was going to be discontinued? The jars flew off the shelves like flies on leaving a big mac whilst it is being cooked. But they shot themselves in the foot, two other companies decided they would enter the market that Heinz had announced they were leaving, so now they have competitors

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Probably a cynical ploy to boost their retail sales.

Anyone remember Heinz putting out a deliberate rumour that their sandwich spread was going to be discontinued? The jars flew off the shelves like flies on leaving a big mac whilst it is being cooked. But they shot themselves in the foot, two other companies decided they would enter the market that Heinz had announced they were leaving, so now they have competitors

Hmmm that reminds me, shopping list, Heinz Sandwich Spread (y)

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Read Mormon not J's Witness. different cults

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The reason I do not think going to the continent will be dodgy is that if there is a monetary $$$ collapse as predicted in a lot of financial sources, it would be very difficult to get home again with no working cards until it settles down.

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years

You might find that more people speak the Queens English in Germany......:LOL:.... oops sorry only joking...:whistle:

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Hmmm that reminds me, shopping list, Heinz Sandwich Spread (y)
Yuk,sick in a jar ..hate the stuff and shiphams fish paste ....mum used to make my sandwiches for school with that rubbish. ( no school meals at primary school those days )) our grandchildren don't know they're born ..lol

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What makes people think it's more dangerous in France than here, they have had a couple of goes in France now and the police and military must be on absolute look out, we here are well overdue for something, even arrests in Stoke the other day, can't be much closer than that.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
What makes people think it's more dangerous in France than here, they have had a couple of goes in France now and the police and military must be on absolute look out, we here are well overdue for something, even arrests in Stoke the other day, can't be much closer than that.
Don't wish it on us by saying we are overdue ...

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Here in the North of Scotland we are also stockpiling food and supplies, in preparation for the huge influx of tourists who no longer want to go to Europe.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Here in the North of Scotland we are also stockpiling food and supplies, in preparation for the huge influx of tourists who no longer want to go to Europe.

don't forget to lock up your garden water tap and put a padlock on the waste manhole cover.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back