Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
wondering if anyone can help. I have Dometic fridge freezer with AES. It has a blue and red LED then controls for the various settings.
I was away at the weekend and used the fridge both on gas and electric, no issues. Came to switch it on today and after approx 2 minutes the blue light flashes and theres an audible beep. I get this problem whether its on 240 or gas. No ofher lights are flashing and i was wondering whether anyone else has had this. In the trouble shooting guide it states another light should flash, ie. The gas symble, mains symbol etc. But they dont. It mentions about the interior light but there is no issue there as far as i can see.

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
We had same problem. It was the switch on right hand side that controls the light which beeps to let you know the fridge is open. There's three contacts in the unit and condensation had got in and shorted out connections causing various scenarios of beeping and flashing ::bigsmile: We took the blue plastic cover off (a little tricky) and dried out the unit and it's working fine now. We had been passed from the dealer and Dometic when the fault developed and were going round in circles! until the receptionist ::bigsmile: at Domestic who we were getting a little bit stroppy with :blusher: suggested it might be condensation in the unit as it's a common fault apparently.
Hope this helps :smiley:

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Had the same problem recently which ended up being due to condensation build up after defrosting. When we switched fridge back on after being off for a couple of days we had the annoying beeping every 2 mins but was otherwise working ok. It took sometime to find out what it was & eventually searched on here & as I had seen someone helpfully mention it before & how to solve it. Once it dried out it worked again without beeping.

Now have a new problem......fridge not working on EHU but works on gas. Dealer said talk to Dometic, did that & they've been & tested it. Now need to take it in to Dometic for a new element, & they estimate 2hrs 30 to fit it at £90 per hour:(. Annoyed at the cost & it's just outside the 2 yr warranty :mad::cry: Surely fridge should last longer than that without problems. :swear2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clayton9

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
We had same problem. It was the switch on right hand side that controls the light which beeps to let you know the fridge is open. There's three contacts in the unit and condensation had got in and shorted out connections causing various scenarios of beeping and flashing ::bigsmile: We took the blue plastic cover off (a little tricky) and dried out the unit and it's working fine now. We had been passed from the dealer and Dometic when the fault developed and were going round in circles! until the receptionist ::bigsmile: at Domestic who we were getting a little bit stroppy with :blusher: suggested it might be condensation in the unit as it's a common fault apparently.
Hope this helps :smiley:

Thanks for the reply. I'd emailed Dometic too and they came back with the same suggestion as you. All sorted now.

OP
OP
Clayton9

Clayton9

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Ponteland Northumberland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
12years
Had the same problem recently which ended up being due to condensation build up after defrosting. When we switched fridge back on after being off for a couple of days we had the annoying beeping every 2 mins but was otherwise working ok. It took sometime to find out what it was & eventually searched on here & as I had seen someone helpfully mention it before & how to solve it. Once it dried out it worked again without beeping.

Now have a new problem......fridge not working on EHU but works on gas. Dealer said talk to Dometic, did that & they've been & tested it. Now need to take it in to Dometic for a new element, & they estimate 2hrs 30 to fit it at £90 per hour:(. Annoyed at the cost & it's just outside the 2 yr warranty :mad::cry: Surely fridge should last longer than that without problems. :swear2:

Thanks for the reply. I'd emailed Dometic and they came back within the hour with the same suggestion as you. All sorted now. It is Sod's law that big things always happen when your item is just outside the warranty!! good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back