Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi Guys

I was wondering as to how to value a Hymer B544 ,left hand drive 3,berth in good condition, just had a worried MIL on the phone with regards to afore mentioned Hymer ,she cant drive it and FIL had a stroke yesterday and was told that his driving days are over.

Ill get photos and stuff next weekend but i was hoping to help MIL,s worried and stressed levels , by getting her a ball park figure

kind regards
Matt

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Obviously I don't know the details but having a stroke doesn't mean someone can't drive again. It might take a year or so to fully recover but it should be possible to get his licence back. But of course, I don't know the details of FIL's case but it might be something for him to look forward to and aid his recovery. The day after a stroke is too early to make important decisions. See how things look in a week. :) Recovering from a stroke requires "tough love" in the sense of getting the patient to do things for themselves, washing, shaving etc if it is at all possible for them to do it themselves with encouragement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Obviously I don't know the details but having a stroke doesn't mean someone can't drive again. It might take a year or so to fully recover but it should be possible to get his licence back. But of course, I don't know the details of FIL's case but it might be something for him to look forward to and aid his recovery. The day after a stroke is too early to make important decisions. See how things look in a week. :) Recovering from a stroke requires "tough love" in the sense of getting the patient to do things for themselves, washing, shaving etc if it is at all possible for them to do it themselves with encouragement.
Thank you for the encouraging words DBK ,alas the stroke is not his only problem, he has cancer of the bladder and has been told its an aggressive form :(

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
don't think they made b544 in 1972

Prefix L is 1993

depending on millage, condition etc.. I'd value between £8 - 10k

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
don't think they made b544 in 1972

Prefix L is 1993

depending on millage, condition etc.. I'd value between £8 - 10k

Also depends on base vehicle, the merc go for the most (although not sure that they made any b544s on a merc?) then the fiats then the citroens. I'd agree with your ball park on a fiat in good general condition with around 100k miles (ideally less).

"Improving" them also knocks a few quid off, so ideally it would be in original condition

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
There was a fella looking to spend max 10k for a van on here the other day - could be just the man for you.
Clifan and his thread was
Princes Tastes, Paupers Pockets

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
not sure that they made any b544s on a merc?

Don't believe so..

B class is Fiat .. S class is Merc.

and as far as I know they never made an S544

From Deepcar archived website

Hymer Layouts

As you will know Hymer manufactured many different layouts over the years. It is impossible to list them all. Below we tried our best to explain the most popular ones. Hopefully it will be a little help to you finding your perfect layout!

Don't try to understand all the different numbers thinking there must be some sort of logic behind them: there isn't. They don't relate to the length of the vehicle in centimeters or the number of berth it's got or anything else. One thing that's for sure though is the distinction between the Hymer B- and S-class. The “B” stands for Fiat-Models, the “S” stands for Mercedes. The E-class was introduced in 1995 as an upgraded Fiat version.

fiat_b.jpg

fiat_e.jpg

merc_s2.jpg

merc_s2.jpg

merc_fiat.jpg

coachbuilts.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries