Best £15 I've spent (1 Viewer)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Thought it's about time I said hello formally after posting on the site a few times now.
We're new to MH life and to be honest I hadn't thought anything about it until SWBO and I were chatting about getting one on a trip south in April. By early May we'd bought one ...... Swift escape 664, which is perfect for the two of us and the hound.
Since May, we've been to Oban; toured N Yorkshire; done the Lake District ; done short breaks to Dunbar and Loch Lomond and just come back from a tour of the west highlands and Skye.
We're absolutely loving it and are gearing up to do some extended touring next year to France and Northern Spain.
This site has been worth every penny of the £15 membership. We've saved hundreds at VanBitz ...... Looking forward to some goodies getting fitted in October ...... Have managed to get the correct tyre pressures out of Continental tech support following suggestions here. Have managed to sort out whiffy grey water tank per suggested Coca Cola trick plus many other hints and tips all freely given by such an enthusiastic and friendly bunch.
Think we'll be here a while and we're looking forward to many more great trips in our MH :roflmto:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Blimey, you move fast! Great decision, though and welcome on board :welcome3:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hello and welcome. Sounds like you've had some great adventures already. Be good to meet you at one of our rallys too. Happy travels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Blimey, you move fast! Great decision, though and welcome on board :welcome3:
Well to be honest, I had some fairly major surgery in June so in thinking about getting our MH I was definitely in the "life's too short" mindset. Potentially it could have been but thanks to the amazing skills of surgeons, I'm through it all and feeling brand new. So onward and upward ....... and indeed lots of away in the MH in future whenever we can (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and so glad your op has been a success and you can carry on with this great hobby!
We love it and even went on our first funster rally at Easter in Chester! It was great to meet so many Funsters and had a great time! Perhaps you can find one to visit too!
Enjoy!

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hi and welcome , glad you are getting well enough to start to enjoy touring in your Mh.. it's so true life is to short. .:)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome you will be very pleased with the work carried out at Vanbitz.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome, sounds as if you were made for the Motorhome Life, it gives you a different degree of freedom to explore as you definitely seem to have discovered, nice introduction by the way .

:welcomesign:

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Nice doodle
Cheers wino ...... she's a sproodle :winky:

Hello Welcome, sounds as if you were made for the Motorhome Life, it gives you a different degree of freedom to explore as you definitely seem to have discovered, nice introduction by the way .

:welcomesign:
Thanks Carol. We're definitely hooked. It's great to just get out and explore (y)

Hi and welcome you will be very pleased with the work carried out at Vanbitz.

I'm sure I will lorger. Splashing out on growler alarm, gas low and a solar panel to set us up for some continental travel :happy:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
002.gif
Yay another Scottish member.:clap: Look out for the Falkirk Wheel meet next summer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back