NFU saved me a packet. (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just been to the local NFU office (actually 9 miles away:Sad:) to get a quote for my hilux.

only differences between my current (CIS) and the NFU was £100k legal expenses cover against £50k with CIS and the general excess is £150 against £100 with CIS.

unlimited euro cover (no limit on length or frequency of trips) with NFU.....30 days with CIS.

after a lot of um-ing and aar-ing he admitted i have £1k comprehensive trailer cover which i never knew but is also included with NFU.

premium....£367 with CIS......£302 with NFU

rang CIS to cancel renewal and all hell broke loose...."i'm sure we can beat that" he said.

within seconds it came down by £54 then desperation set in.

you need to get it down by another £11 to match it then i want you to beat it.

now how desperate are they????

"do you have a co-op points card?" No. "no problem i'll issue one and you get cashback on your premium so that should beat your quote."
no commitment there then.:Doh:

anyway you can quess who won and i can go and talk to the nice lady face to face.

incidently....for all you with an NFU policy......as the NFU is a mutual society they give a 6% "members" discount on insurance renewal but next year is the centenery or bi-centenery year and they are giving a 12% discount as a bonus.

ps...and i told 'em about my speeding fine!!!!:cry:

S

stagman

Deleted User
just been to the local NFU office (actually 9 miles away:Sad:) to get a quote for my hilux.

[Keep an eye on them . I tend to be a bit lazy when it comes to insurance .Had been with NFU for several years and got a sneaky feeling they were upping the price every year . This year they said I was getting £40 bonus off my premium , but this still left me with £400, not that good a deal I thought for my Shogun . Conntacted R/H insurance and same or even better cover for just over £200 . Conntacted NFU and that's all they could do was knock another £50 off .So as you can quess now with R/H .:thumb:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

[Keep an eye on them . I tend to be a bit lazy when it comes to insurance .:thumb:

likewise :Blush:

been with the coop for the last 5 years and thought it time for a look round.

never recieved my renewal notice from CIS so i rang them and got the renewal quote.

she (NFU) is checking with the underwriters regarding towing the toad. ie...is it a trailer and is it covered as a trailer is with them.

had to explain to her that an A frame isnt a straight towing pole but more like a caravan tow hitch and doesnt need anyone to steer or brake the car.

she was a bit baffled.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Two of the best companies in my opinion:thumb:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Two of the best companies in my opinion:thumb:

Agreed Geo, but ya gotta cut costs and go for the cheapest option with similar cover at the moment.

more years ago than i care to remember i had a vauxhall victor 101 estate which was stripped and converted to a camper and they were the only company to want to insure it.

Last edited:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Safeguard

See in the November MMM page 33 that Safeguard have launched Quote & Go for on line quotes www.safeguarduk.co.uk:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back