Aug 22, 2016
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
3 yrs
Hi guys new to site :)

I have a converted Merc Sprinter that came with a 3.5m Prostor awning, I use the van for my race weekends but the misses and dog have had their first taste of a a weekend away in Cornwall and want to do more, due to the limited space in the van I am thinking about camp/safari room for the awning, but information/prices etc are very thin on the ground.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, are they worth the money, UK suppliers, anyone selling theirs??

OP
OP
B

Bigtenfour

Free Member
Aug 22, 2016
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
3 yrs
Ok... That went well lol

If anyone is selling or knows of anyone selling a 3.5M camp room please let me know... Thanks so in advance

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
Hello @Bigtenfour

I have no idea why no one has replied to your question, or even said welcome to the forum. I have to say they usually do. Ever so friendly.

So, welcome from Dawn and I.

As regards Prostor awnings; I had never heard of them - only Fiamma and Omnistor sorry.

I had a Caravan Store awning on my Sprinter. I have a big problem drilling holes in the roof for anything! So, I attached an Awning rail to the gutter and it all worked fine, but of course you can't drive it away with the awning attached. I have a drive-away awning now. Sooooo much better and more than a little cheaper!!

Please don't give up on us - I have learnt so much from this forum not just about campers, motorhomes or RV's but also about campsites, routes and more recently how to motorhome with the in-laws'.

I learn something on here everyday....

Today I learnt about Prostor Awnings

Regards,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I am thinking about camp/safari room for the awning, but information/prices etc are very thin on the ground.

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Now owned by Dometic..

Dometic Group takes over the awning and accessory program of Prostor

As of September 1st 2014 the Prostor division is part of the Dometic Group. The well established Prostor awning range is now available immediately under the Dometic brand, offering a highly attractive complete awning programme with sun and rain protection plus accessories.

Look here for the awning tent..

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome.

With the latest generation of drive away awnings, I personally would reccommend forgetting a safari room type and go for an air beam awning. They are lighter, quicker to put up and take down and you don't risk damaging the van and wind-out awning if the wind gets up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Just bought a Dometic Camproom for our PW1000 awning.........hopefully get to try it next week when we go down to the West Country - will let you know how we get on!
:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back