Dometic fridge questions (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Firstly, is it normal for the gas to light with a bit of a "whoop"? Ours is a three way fridge freezer with electronic ignition.

Secondly, when running on gas, does the flame modulate to control fridge temperature or does it just cycle on and off?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes the whoop sound is not unusual. Assuming that you have a modern fridge the flame works thermostatically and is the same size when it is on. It switches off when the temperature is reached and switches on again once it starts to rise.

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks. I've just removed a pile of soot from the chimney so hopefully it'll be working a bit better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you haven't already checked make sure the burner area is clear of soot and debris from the heat exchanger/chimney.

Martin

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you haven't already checked make sure the burner area is clear of soot and debris from the heat exchanger/chimney.

Martin

All clear. You have to move the burner aside to sweep the chimney properly so I was able to check it then.

Brian Prosser

Free Member
Oct 29, 2014
Tonbridge
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
I use the Whoop sound to check the flame is lit. If it whoops again after striking it indicates it has failed to light so keep trying until there is no whoop. At this point I get down on my creaky knees and visually check in the little window thingy to prove it for sure. Being a worrier I also check the top outside vent is warm after half an hour or so and then open a beer!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back