Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
finally got around to picking up a standby generator ready for new year at disney and after much reading and debating went for the honda eu20i as its reputation exceeds it and better more power than less , picked up from machine mart today as 10% of made it below £1k so less than £900 when vat back and local supplier always better if there is a problem , just got to check it fits in locker !! or will be back to downsize to the eu10i at week end
promise to only use it if desperate as do like to rely on panels for power
will report back when i use it on noise levels etc :Eeek:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its a superb Genny we get quite a bit of use from ours. Mostly with power cuts at home! Good clean, inverted power the Honda is MUCH quieter than almost all other gennies, but under load, any generator will wake the dead::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Welcome to club honda robin.

Proper job the Honda, and although others will always say to loud etc, you enjoy it and remind them that you could of bought a kippor:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikamada

Free Member
Apr 12, 2009
Funster No
Would have loved a Honda 1Kw but yesterday bought a brand new Kipor for £270 incl VAT & delivery which is a third of the price of the equivalent Honda..... :Smile:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Would have loved a Kippor let alone a Honda!!!:Blush:
Bought a used Kawasaki recently...probably not quite as quiet as a Honda!:winky:

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We just sold the 2kw kipper and bought a 1kw Honda £599 from Riversway leisure £6.00 for delivery, the kipper cost £300 last year it wasto big for new motorhome and def noisier.

Val

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
so errpaul we are now ready for disney for new year , 2 generators and last night 1 of my customers gave me a 1 litre bottle of jack daniels , so only need food
nothing else i have forgotten !!!:ROFLMAO:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
so errpaul we are now ready for disney for new year , 2 generators and last night 1 of my customers gave me a 1 litre bottle of jack daniels , so only need food

Yes you have the 2nd bottle of Jack Daniels for the other hand you must have balanced meals.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs

All set by the sounds of it!! we're really looking forward to it.
JD......had a few really messy nights courtesy of that stuff:ROFLMAO:
Nice customer...I'm not likely to get anything that anyone would want from my 'customers'!!
We'll leave the food until we get there...their food is so much nicer

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
balance

you are correct " balance " , 2 bottles ready , must remember to drink equal amounts from each bottle , maybe straws !!!
will definatly load up with uk food for trip as no supermarket locally and must have bacon and sausage for bkfast
let me know if you need fresh bread or anything else over as you are there before us:thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We know the area reasonably well, and there are two supermarkets fairly near. One in a place called bally romanvilliers and another large one at the outlet shopping centre. We use the smaller one....cheap fuel in Bally too!:thumb:
Neither within walking distance though....probably about 10 minutes drive.
Thanks for the offer Robin....28th you arrive isn't it?

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
good

just got around to trying generator in mh locker and it fits ( just ) , filled with oil and fuel , cannot believe how quiet this unit is , will take it with us next week and give it a run to see how it preforms , but so far very pleased:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
just got around to trying generator in mh locker and it fits ( just ) , filled with oil and fuel , cannot believe how quiet this unit is , will take it with us next week and give it a run to see how it preforms , but so far very pleased:thumb:

Hi

you made a good choice, I have the same genny, it's one of the best purchases I made, doubt it could be bettered .. however, on full load .. it aint so quiet ..

Jim

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
no pain in buying it as needed for buisness, just used for deep fat fryer and well pleased as still quiet with over 1kw of load on, yummy home made chips, chicken and fresh lamb::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back