Remoska vs Double Skillet (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I hate the little tec tower oven in our van so am seriously considering one or the other of these, however I don't eat meat and husband very rarely does (seeing as how I do all the cooking!) and I have never seen or used either of these, so the question is which would be best for us. We do have a Weber BBQ which we use occasionally if the weather is suitable. We also have a microwave which is kept in the garage but only used very occasionally. Could you knowledgeable folk explain the pros and cons of remoska vs double skillet. Thanks.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They do pretty much the same job. Though while the double skillet will work on most heat sources, of course the Remoska just the one. The DS is much more versatile, you can boil, fry, bake, warm a croissant etc so for the space conscious it would have to be the DS. Siân loves her Remoska's though so were likely to always be carrying both :)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have both, I use the remoska when we have ehu and the skillet when we don't have electric.
I'm trying to find out if you can use the remoska without the lid on a gas hob. Then I wouldn't have to replace the skillet which everything now sticks to and burns, even using a diffuser.
Ps, just had a reply from remoska, you cannot use the pan on a gas hob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We have both and use both, depending on whether we have EHU. Wouldn't be without either TBH, so if you asked me choose......I really would struggle to answer.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I have both, I use the remoska when we have ehu and the skillet when we don't have electric.
I'm trying to find out if you can use the remoska without the lid on a gas hob. Then I wouldn't have to replace the skillet which everything now sticks to and burns, even using a diffuser.
Ps, just had a reply from remoska, you cannot use the pan on a gas hob.
With regards to the skillet. Have you tried sealing it in the same way you would a cast iron pan?
Just a thought

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
With regards to the skillet. Have you tried sealing it in the same way you would a cast iron pan?
Just a thought
Yes, I've done that a few times, still sticks though. Thanks for the info though.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Both now as just ordered skillet. We also have electric stacking steamer and a ordinary steamer.(y)

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
HI Guys, can you cook ready meals and things like frozen chips/nuggets in the DS? I have been able to do this in the remoska just wondered if it was possible in the DS

Free Member
Aug 21, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Yes, you could by using the top pan and flipping it over a few times so it acts like an oven but do not use oil in it as it would be designed to use dry.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I have a tefal bake and fry, it is good but takes up room so not sure if we will keep it. I like the look of the thermal cooker by mrs D.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I have a tefal bake and fry, it is good but takes up room so not sure if we will keep it. I like the look of the thermal cooker by mrs D.
We bought the thermal cooker at Malvern. I cooked lamb shanks in it the day I got it which were lovely and I've used it a few times this week at home to get used to it. Got a chicken curry and rice in there now ready for dinner tonight. Lots of friends have them and i thought it would be great to have a meal cooking whilst driving so ready to eat when we park up. Really pleased so far.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back