Return to France .. Help with Campsites please (1 Viewer)

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
Hi Fellow Funsters

We completed our 1st tour of France this week in our 2010 Autotrail Arapaho, and what a joy it was.
We upgraded in June and it was simply a real pleasure over our traded 2006 Apache 700SE which we bought last Sept and became MH newbies. A worthwile investment if you ask me, its like being a proud dad all over again :cool:

We are looking at our 2017 summer vacation and need some help/advise with campsites to accommodate our 2 young children and our 9m ALKO Chasis.

We stayed on 2 YELLOH Campsites this year, firstly we had a "Premium" pitch with 150m sq, furniture BBQ and wifi which gave us lots of room to play around the home, this really suited our requirements, however the site was quite remote and getting offsite (without having any secondary transport) required winding in the awning and negotiating some foreign towns with minor roads to be able to get to a supermarket and setting up camp again on return. The 2nd site was within reaching distance of a beach which we managed to wind up the awning again on a couple of occasions and park up in the local Aires to get some variation from the campsite.

I was quite impressed with Yelloh but its all we know so far.

Next year we want to make the vacation longer and take in France and Spain. We would especially like to hit the Mediterranean region or South West Coast, before heading to northern Spain. Being close to a beach is a must, but being a 5 tonne vehicle I found myself being aware of 3.5T limits.

Can anyone provide me with some suitable campsites, site operators that we can look into.

Many Thanks in advance

(y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Sorry i am at the other end of the spectrum,,,Autosleeper Symbol..5.2 metres so can really go any where. I only have to think about height restrictions 2.8 metres. BUSBY,,,

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
You could look at sites in the Arcachon / Pyla Dune area. Some of the sites ( from memory ) are near shops.

If you look online at Campeole sites. They took over a lot of Municipal sites, so they're always within walking distance of shops/ market.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Have a look at Alan Rogers campsites online,may get some ideas if not good possibilities,we use it to book the one we,re on now in france with 4 young grand children and their parents and to look into one for Spain next year

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
You could look at sites in the Arcachon / Pyla Dune area. Some of the sites ( from memory ) are near shops.

If you look online at Campeole sites. They took over a lot of Municipal sites, so they're always within walking distance of shops/ market.

I moved from Pyla Dune last year because it was not close to shops bars etc and the road was very busy for safe cycling,,BUSBY.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Have a look at Sant Pere Pescador just into Spain and not to far from France
Camping next to the beach and a short walk into town.

upload_2016-8-20_21-4-28.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
campinglayole.com check it out really nice site and go for the grand confort it's about 200 miles from Barcelona so not far if you want to move down to Spain

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
We've always found the campsites in the Sites et Paysage group to be pretty good, the same group calls itself Campingred in Spain although the size of many of their pitches may be a bit tight for you. They have a number of sites across both countries. We discovered Huttopia and they seem to be increasing the number of sites in their portfolio. Huttopia have lots of outdoorsy/nature activities for kids and many of their sites are in forests so good for den making and safe wild play.
Have fun planning your next trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back