Dometic AES (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
The fridge/freezer is working okay on 12v and 240v. On GAS the freezer base gets cold but the fridge doesn't.
I've got gas and heat at the burner but it doesn't seem to burn much as I can't see the flame but it's hot at the burner.

How big should the flame be ? could it be a problem with gas pressure ? the cooker works fine and the gas bottles are over half full.

any ideas ?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Had a problem similar on an Auto trail found out it was the electrical connection block in behind the vent has somehow got water into it and terminals corroded making bad connections gave it a good clean and wrapped in tape worked fine after that.(y)

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Update, I had it 'serviced' a month a month back, and was told it was all working okay.

The ignition works fine as it clicks away, sometimes there is a 'whooomph' as the gas lights then a few seconds later it starts clicking again, other times it lights but no obvious flame, I had to try a bit of paper to see if it was actually lit which it was.

I've checked everything and its all spick n span in there, no soot or rust at all, burner holes are clear too. I think gas is not getting through or too little pressure.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine makes a good audible flame. Last week it wasn't up to scratch on cooling and the flame looked ok but was noticeably quieter. The pipework to the left of the burner was not getting hot either. A clean of the jet restored performance

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Got the same problem with mine, cleaned the flue, fitted fans, cleaned the jet and the burner, swapped the gas bottles and its still the same. Just about to order a new burner and jet then if that doesn't fix it I will give up and send it back under warranty after my holiday :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
connect it to any common ground like the mains earth connection

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Still not working, my electrician tested the solenoid valve and its not working so need a new one apparently. Also no voltage coming from the Burner Control Device ?

This is getting expensive. This all started off with no flame at the burner !

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Still not working, my electrician tested the solenoid valve and its not working so need a new one apparently. Also no voltage coming from the Burner Control Device ?

This is getting expensive. This all started off with no flame at the burner !

A few months ago my 7 series fridge freezer wouldn't fire up on gas...lots of clicking, but no flame. Turned out to be the gas (solenoid) valve was sticking, cured with a few sharp taps with a hammer. Don't know if that would affect voltage from burner thing on yours, but worth trying ?....wife in van switching fridge onto gas...me outside listening to fridge clicking & sparking...then clout (tap) gas valve with hammer...whoosh, bingo, happy days...cured.

Allen

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Walburga is that an RC30 ??

I wish.....It was my VFR750FJ...in RC30 colours by Dream Machine....got lots of attention at Devils Bridge till folk got a closer look. Still a cracking bike, should've kept it.
Anyway, still like Hondas, I've got a 50cc city express step through, 1988 vintage, it's on full chat everywhere and it's a bit of a head turner. Also got a 125 piaggio liberty.

Allen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back