whiskers27

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
Been to the Caravan & Motorhome show todayfor a nosey round and with the main intention of buying some LED bulbs for The Betty, well cost a small fortune £156.00 for 16 bulbs . Got home and put them all in and cant believe the difference in power consumption and there really nice and bright. Im so impressed with them.

A really worthwhile investment, hopeing to set off for the weekend next week and take The Betty for her first trip out since buying her, and me recovering from my bad back and hog flu. im fully fit now and were rearing to go and start our motorhoming.

The Betty's now got to earn her keep and keep me and her indoors happy by getting us everywhere safe and keeping us nice and warm and dry.

Cheers All

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
whiskers27

whiskers27

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I know it seems expensive but im told they last for ages, and will pay divedends while not on a hook up. im hopeing to be free of hookups and just going where i please not just where theres a site and power. so in the long run i think it will be worth the expense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I know it seems expensive but im told they last for ages, and will pay divedends while not on a hook up. im hopeing to be free of hookups and just going where i please not just where theres a site and power. so in the long run i think it will be worth the expense.

quoted life of 50'000 hours.:Eeek:

you can run around 10 of these for the same power useage as 1 X 20w halogen.

worth every penny :thumb:

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Hi,

Excellent, I too have been considering these.

appreciate some info on your purchase; make, model, product number, fitting etc.

Thanks

Jack

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Bought some for mine at Newark but I had to cut away part of the reflector to make them fit ,they are bright and use less power i would recommend them:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
whiskers27

whiskers27

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi,

Excellent, I too have been considering these.

appreciate some info on your purchase; make, model, product number, fitting etc.

Thanks

Jack

Jack

i got them from

www.leisurepower.co.uk

i brought

8 x cold white L18-TR-G4 back pin £12.50 each
8 x cold white L6-SD-G4 side pin £7.00 each

hope this helps

regards

Mick

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
good old fashioned gas lights , dont use much leccy. much better idea. save the cash for solar panels. dont know how we ever managed without halogen n led.by the way what are you talking about?we got colour tv now in cornwall have you seen it.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just rigged up a strip of LEDs that I bought from O'learys at Shepton (£10)... super bright... well pleased but like vwalan I would never be without my gaslight. On warm, dark nights you don't have to worry about little flying beasties with a gaslight... they fly straight to it and die leaving a small pile of dead nasties under the warm light...

JJ

OP
OP
whiskers27

whiskers27

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
quoted life of 50'000 hours.:Eeek:

you can run around 10 of these for the same power useage as 1 X 20w halogen.

worth every penny :thumb:

Just been working it out 50,000 hours is 5 years 258 days 8 hours of use

cant see a halogen bulb lasting that long the amount of halogen bulbs you would buy in that amount of time would cost a bit too. so all in all the price isn't that bad all things considered.

Nexus

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Pop-up
Exp
Just starting
Do they make a LED replacement tube for the Fluorescent Lights?

BrianG

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Do they make a LED replacement tube for the Fluorescent Lights?

BrianG

Hi Brian

Yes they do, we had a strip of LED's fitted into our bathroom fitting. However the fittings in our habitation area were not suitable for modification. We were advised that the fluorescent lights did not draw to much current and it was best to leave them as is.
The halogen bulbs are the ones that draw the current so we had all six changed. We also fitted LED's to our awning light which made a big difference.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I got mine for £3.99 (delivered) from Hong Kong via fleabay they bought more from Lidl for £3.50 each 18 led's 1.2W, magic. If you pay more you are being ripped off.

JumboBeef

Free Member
Jul 27, 2009
Funster No
I got mine for £3.99 (delivered) from Hong Kong via fleabay they bought more from Lidl for £3.50 each 18 led's 1.2W, magic. If you pay more you are being ripped off.

That's why I was suprised at the £10 each price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back