French Primagaz 11kg cylinder (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Anybody know if I would be able to exchange my 11kg Primagaz Butane cylinder for an equivalent size Propane cylinder. Don't know if the French stockists would be as accommodating as my local builders merchants re swapping different sizes of cylinders..can only try.

Allen

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I've had a free 13Kg Propane bottle from SuperU for years. I tried to swop for Butane but they wouldn't do it.
I would have to take out other contract. Although it would be straight forward and free, I didn't bother, I don't use the my bottles in the depth of winter.

OP
OP
walburga
Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
I've had a free 13Kg Propane bottle from SuperU for years. I tried to swop for Butane but they wouldn't do it.
I would have to take out other contract. Although it would be straight forward and free, I didn't bother, I don't use the my bottles in the depth of winter.

Interesting...maybe just call into a SuperU (seen lots of them) and see if I could take out a contract. Prefer propane to butane, I think it's a cleaner burn gas.
Also, do you know if the screw thread on the propane is the same as that on the butane...there are several references on the net that suggest that it is.

thanks
Allen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Interesting...maybe just call into a SuperU (seen lots of them) and see if I could take out a contract. Prefer propane to butane, I think it's a cleaner burn gas.
Also, do you know if the screw thread on the propane is the same as that on the butane...there are several references on the net that suggest that it is.

thanks
Allen
I can confirm that they are the same.

OP
OP
walburga
Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
I can confirm that they are the same.

Thanks for that.
Think I should correct the title...on closer inspection it's a 13 kg butane bottle! Thought it looked slightly bigger than my flogas propane 11 kg, but not as big as my calor propane 13 kg.

Allen

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I exchanged my 9Kgs Propane Le Clerc bottle for a 10Kg Butane bottle this year without fuss.
I appreciate that they're different Companies but it usually follows that they will all be singing off the same hymn sheet in France.
It's not unusual to see bottles 'abandoned' at the side of the petrol station at supermarkets in France:whistle:

Contrary to this I did not achieve a good result in Spain when I attempted to get a Propane bottle for my Butane Bottle.
The Spanish are far more bureaucratic in this regard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back