Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Just got back from NEC, After many questions and all answered to total satisfaction and numerous visits to different exhibitors we have ordered This one : -http://www.calderleisure.co.uk/cgi-bin/details.pl?v_vin=KLRLLP

Not this exact one but near enough.

Now, I just have to wait for about 12 weeks for it, GGGRRRRRRR.
:cry::cry::Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just got back from NEC, After many questions and all answered to total satisfaction and numerous visits to different exhibitors we have ordered This one : -http://www.calderleisure.co.uk/cgi-bin/details.pl?v_vin=KLRLLP

That's a whole lot of accommodation for the money, or so it seems to me.

A link that will work:
Link Removed

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
I have no idea how they do it, But it is correct, When you look inside it is beautiful and the included "Extras" is also unbelievable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
I have no idea how they do it, But it is correct, When you look inside it is beautiful and the included "Extras" is also unbelievable.

:thumb:Congratulations you two,it looks a stunner but my how 12 weeks is going to drag:winky: I am sure you are going to have some great times in it.

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Thanks All, Tink was going to call on way back today but ended up having to rush home.

Will try and pay a visit soon it has been toooooooo Long mate.:thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Many congratulations - sounds like you have the one you want and that 12 weeks will be forever or so it seems - good luck - I bet you will click on that web site many times before the 12 weeks is up.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well done more 5ers ,soon be the time for your fun to begin . there is alot of us out there, be coming out of every where now younever knew there were so many. give us a five, cheers alan.

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
Thanks All, Tink was going to call on way back today but ended up having to rush home.

Will try and pay a visit soon it has been toooooooo Long mate.:thumb:

You are both welcome anytime,just ring to make sure we are around, like you say it's been to long ( must be 45 years can't be we ain't that old are we ) lets not let it get any longer:thumb: p.s you can talk to me about your new toy as much as you want I won't get bored honest, I was there myself not long ago:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky:
See folks Funs not all about motor homes you can find long lost friends as well.:Smile:

Last edited:

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
We looked at those but decieded it was too expensive for our 1st 5er so we went for a secondhand xtreme lite bunk house instead, but i must admit they are awesome, 12 WEEKS god you will be pulling your hair out, we only have to wait 6 weeks and only 2 weeks have passed but seems like a lifetime, anyway happy 5 ing and you never know we may meet one day

Cheers

Neil and Jan

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

It *really* does look a serious way to go. You've got the luxury of an RV and the free transport of a caravan, the economy of towing a caravan and I suspect easer to drive than an RV or MH. More stable than a caravan, must be.

You're on a winner.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
sounds like brian will be next. get one with a placefor your bike in the back . if you want a bargain in need of lots work look on ebay couple good ones on 5th wheel trailers.cheers alan.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Another slowcoach tugger to get stuck behind:ROFLMAO:hardhat

(ex tugger 20 0dd years lol)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Another slowcoach tugger to get stuck behind:ROFLMAO:hardhat

While your racing off - burning fuel - we are keeping the lorries company and enjoying the scenery.

The one benefit is - if you get there first and we are going to the same place you can get the kettle boiling :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
I have a Motorhome that is only just over 12 months old and I am putting it in PX, I cannot believe it, It will be the first time I have bought anything and get a few grande back, Never mind it will do for a few rounds.

As for looking at the web site, No I will never click on the link to look at it,:Blush:

I have it as my Home page:-:ROFLMAO:

But I will say that all my years as a Motorhomer have been extremely enjoyable, I have had many laughs (And tears) I have seen many many things and I am not bored with it or been disgruntled in any way with it, I have a fantastic MH and one that I was not thinking of changing, What has made me look is that I am not getting any younger and I cannot cycle as far now as the knees are getting a bit old and my wife's right one is about shot and we like to look around and see sights and visit out of the way places so I started investigating the Fiver and decided it was for us so Hey Presto.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

chaswb100

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Brentwood,Essex
Funster No
MH
5er
Exp
2 Years

Welcome to Kountrylite Ownership - I hope you like & enjoy yours as much as we have in the 4 months we have had ours!!!

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
We looked at the KountryLite at the NEC and at previous shows around the country.

Not sure if they are right for us but they look SOOOOPER :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: My better half loves them but not sure I want to tow.

You will be so looking forward to it arriving.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
................but not sure I want to tow.

Trust me mate, it's a doddle!:thumb:

ffi and I , between selling our RV and buying the 5ver, had a twin axle for 12 months.
Frankly, we HATED the towing experience. Considering we had a Kia Sorrento and twin axle Abbey Spectrum (supposedly one of the most stable set ups you can get!) we didn't enjoy the experience at all. OK, so it could have been our inexperience of towing caravans after 20 odd years of motorhomes, but even so, faaaaaar too much movement for our piece of mind, constantly worrying about snaking etc etc etc.
You simply dont get that with the Kountrylite (or any 5ver). They run like they're on rails!
This year on our holiday to the South of France, ffi' did far more driving than she's EVER done in any of our motorhomes or RV's, saying she felt far more confident towing the 5ver than she did driving our RV's.:thumb:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
I agree with zaskar, they are just so stable, whether on the motorway, dual carriageway or in cross winds.

SWMBO has even decided to occasionally drive the outfit, I am relegated to spotter ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

HTH

Rob

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
SWMBO has even decided to occasionally drive the outfit, I am relegated to spotter ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

HTH

Rob

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Doh::ROFLMAO:
Dont do it! you'll never get a look in again!:ROFLMAO:
Must admit to being dead chuffed last weekend when we came to hitch up to come home and ffi' decided to have a go.
On the one hand Im thinking "thats' my girl" (yeah I know, patronising!:ROFLMAO:) and on the other hand I'm thinking "if she does this, I'm stuffed!:ROFLMAO:
Thankfully, she couldn't see the hitch over the back seat cos she's a little 'un:ROFLMAO:
Phew!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
Now I have ordered a thought has just struck me, How do I go on with insurance, Is it special ?. Do I insure Car for towing and trailer separate or what ?.

Help Please:Eeek:

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
Now I have ordered a thought has just struck me, How do I go on with insurance, Is it special ?. Do I insure Car for towing and trailer separate or what ?.

Help Please:Eeek:

Hi Les as I understand it from a previous post on this ,the only one who did inclusive truck & trailer was N.F.U. but for some reason they stopped doing it this year but may commence it next year. At the moment the cheapest quote I could get was with Sureterm Direct (2 separate policies).

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Hi Les as I understand it from a previous post on this ,the only one who did inclusive truck & trailer was N.F.U. but for some reason they stopped doing it this year but may commence it next year. At the moment the cheapest quote I could get was with Sureterm Direct (2 separate policies).

Quite surprised at that - the Louth office of the NFU were the ones that really started insuring 5'ers both our truck and 5'er are with the NFU but I did do this through my local branch as I have been with them for about 30 years . Might be worth phoning the Louth office direct as I know some branches get a touch confused about what they can and cannot insure

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i found nfu too expensive a nd use camptons in godstone surry.407.49 pounds.for truck and 5er inc claims n legal rubbish. nfu wanted 475 for unit and 245 for 5er . try them all let us know how you get on. cheers alan.
hi landy you down here soon or not.

janetsnoopy1

Free Member
Oct 19, 2009
Funster No
Snap so have we

Hi we were at the NEC Friday and ordered ours from Calderleisure.
We have ordered the 26ft SE rear kitchen.
Today Paul from Calder leisure bought a unit down to see if it fitted on our drive, which we found very helpfull.
Same as you we have got to wait 12 weeks booooo hoooo

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
i found nfu too expensive a nd use camptons in godstone surry.407.49 pounds.for truck and 5er inc claims n legal rubbish. nfu wanted 475 for unit and 245 for 5er . try them all let us know how you get on. cheers alan.
hi landy you down here soon or not.

I am with you on this one Alan, I use Camptons as well :thumb::thumb:

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back