Setting up email account in Vista? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, can anyone advise me on how to set up Google email in my control panel. I have tried different ways but am unsure which setting to choose, ie pop httml etc etc.

I want to send photographs via email and Vista wants me to set up a profile in the control panel, hence my problem.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ginny

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, can anyone advise me on how to set up Google email in my control panel. I have tried different ways but am unsure which setting to choose, ie pop httml etc etc.

I want to send photographs via email and Vista wants me to set up a profile in the control panel, hence my problem.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ginny

You have to go into your Goofle mail settings and enable POP having done this open vista mail or outlook express whichever you are using. Then account and new. Vista should then find your account when you put in your e mail address.i.e joebloggs@googlemail.com or whatever yours is. :thumb:

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
You have to go into your Goofle mail settings and enable POP having done this open vista mail or outlook express whichever you are using. Then account and new. Vista should then find your account when you put in your e mail address.i.e joebloggs@googlemail.com or whatever yours is. :thumb:

Where are the google mail settings please?? I have looked in the tools at the top of the page and within google.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
In Google mail once you have logged on to your account you should be able to access "account" "settings" and on that page you can enable POP. :Smile:

Just checked "settings" is along the top box where your mail is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
In Google mail once you have logged on to your account you should be able to access "account" "settings" and on that page you can enable POP. :Smile:

Just checked "settings" is along the top box where your mail is.

OK I have managed that, but what do I put in the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server in the control panel settings? I use Sky for my broadband.

Is there somewhere I can research on the internet for this sort of thing????

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
OK I have managed that, but what do I put in the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server in the control panel settings? I use Sky for my broadband.

Is there somewhere I can research on the internet for this sort of thing????

Hi

go back to Gmail , look in settings, look for configuration instructions , follow the instructions for your email client ...

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi

go back to Gmail , look in settings, look for configuration instructions , follow the instructions for your email client ...

You shouldn't have to do this (but you can) once POP is enabled in g mail or google mail windows mail or outlook should find it and install the correct settings. ::bigsmile: Did on mine anyway. :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You shouldn't have to do this (but you can) once POP is enabled in g mail or google mail windows mail or outlook should find it and install the correct settings. ::bigsmile: Did on mine anyway. :thumb:

Yes indeed,

I assumed the OP's hadn't .. so may have to be done manually.

jim

kandave

Free Member
Aug 29, 2009
Northants
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
started 2009
Link to configuratoin settings

Hi, this link will take you through it. Option 6 is for setting up Outlook / Windows Mail

Enabling POP - Gmail Help

Regards

Keith

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I have done all the above, but it still wont work, and when I go back into settings, having saved them, POP is still not ticked ! I will just have to use photobucket instead of it being really easy!

Here is a silly question. When I am in my Pictures folder there is an 'email' option at the top, when I click on a picture and press email, it tells me it has been sent! but where has it gone???

Computers, dont you hate them!!

Ginny

kandave

Free Member
Aug 29, 2009
Northants
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
started 2009
When you set up the info the pop3 address is so you can pick up email via Outlook / Windows Mail. It also asks you for an smtp address. If you put the google info it is probably sending your emails into the ether. The smtp setting has to reflect the company whose server you are using for the broadband. If you are with Orange for example your pop3 would be the google one but the smtp would be for Orange as outgoing mail has to be processed through their server. Search for smtp settings on your broadband provider's website.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
When you set up the info the pop3 address is so you can pick up email via Outlook / Windows Mail. It also asks you for an smtp address. If you put the google info it is probably sending your emails into the ether. The smtp setting has to reflect the company whose server you are using for the broadband. If you are with Orange for example your pop3 would be the google one but the smtp would be for Orange as outgoing mail has to be processed through their server. Search for smtp settings on your broadband provider's website.

Yes, thats what I am missing! the smtp address. Google works fine but I want it to take over from Outlook, which I dont like. If I am on a web page I want to be able to click email and have it go to google, not get into outlook, or worse still not connect to anything.

I am with Sky broadband so I will go on their website!

Thanks

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back