Campsite request for Southampton Boat Show (1 Viewer)

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Hoping to go to go to Boat Show Friday 16th September before heading to Lincoln Motorhome Show but can't easily find a campsite near with bus stop. Does anybody who lives in that area know the closest or easiest campsite to use to get on a bus into Southampton and to the show easily?

Bitterneparker

Free Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
vw t4 holdsworth
Exp
18 mnths
Hollands Wood ( New Forest ) is on Southampton/Lymington bus route,or catch train from Brockenhurst to Southampton central not far from show site.

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Your nearer ashurst campsite straight run into Southampton!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Hollands Wood ( New Forest ) is on Southampton/Lymington bus route,or catch train from Brockenhurst to Southampton central not far from show site.

I agree - from Hollands wood it is an easy walk to Brockenhurst Train station with a good service to Southampton

OP
OP
Mother Ship

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Thanks for all suggestions. I had initially mistakenly done a search on C&CC site with a 5 mile radius and from this rung CS Black Lion Camping Park and got a grumpy man who did not want to answer my question if they took late arrivals and then decided he could do nothing for me in September.

So pleased I asked on Fun and as usual such wonderful advice. Have looked into all and also had to take into account would be arriving in UK off St Malo Portsmouth ferry at 1825.

Sunnydale allow late arrivals if they know and they send you code numbers etc to get in but at £28 a night and we need 2 nights have decided against it.

Ashford is marginally nearer Portsmouth than Brockenhurst and such a bonus that the train station is so close -at the end of a full day in S'hampton walking around will be easier and trains more frequent. Lovely warden on phone told me they accept people up to 10 0'Clock (and would be very lost if couldn't make that time from ferry arrival!!) & even said if ferry delayed just ring and they would hang around for our arrival -very refreshing to hear. With old age concession £16.50 a night and train off peak anytime return for non railcard holder £4.60 so well pleased -thank you all again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back