Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hi

We have fitted an lpg gas tank to our VW T5 conversion. It's a vapour mutli valve.

The regulator we have got is .3-16 bar inlet and a 30mb outlet and it keeps letting a very small amount of gas through then locking off. Rich is thinking the problem is with that particular regulator.

Can anyone recommend an alternative? We have read a couple of bits about using a Trauma/Gok?

Thank you very much

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
yes but most likely butane. if you are filling up in uk then it will be with propane.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It sounds like a faulty regulator. 16 bar is much higher than it will ever see from the tank so it shouldn't be locking out. I assume when it locks out you have something connected to the outlet?

OP
OP
brodie

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Yes the hob is connected and a BBQ point.

We thought it was probably faulty, Rich has been and collected the Truma regulator this afternoon and is about to fit it just now so we'll see how that goes ;)

Always the same for us, work always ramps up the week leading up to going away and we usually encounter some kind of glitch which takes up loads of time we haven't got!! :sleep::sleep:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
My tank had to be mounted at a fairly specific angle relative to the valve is 105 degrees I think.. if that's not right the tank doesn't fill to the correct capacity and the sender unit is never accurate..
Could that be an issue with yours..ie liquid instead of vapour carryover...?
Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back