All the Aires France (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Back in June, on my way back from Italy, I gave our old copy of All the Aires France to an Aussie couple we met at Gravelines. They were newly in France and had no info re aires. I hope it set them on their way.
I had thought that the new edition would be out before we set off on our next trip. Unfortunately, I know find that the new one is not available until the winter. We're off to France at the end of this month and I'm reluctant to buy the old edition so close to an upgrade. Would it be too cheeky to ask if any Funsters out there have a copy surplus to requirements I could acquire? :)

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have an old one at home but unfortunately I am travelling at the moment. If no one can help I can see if my sister is able to nip around, collect and post for you. Let me know how you get on.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why not get the 'Le guide officiel des aires de services camping-car', Vicarious sell it or alternatively get it from one of the large supermarkets when you get to France:

Despite being in French it's easy to use and has a LOT more aires in it than the 'All the Aires' book (the title of which is very misleading), we've used one of the 'Le Guide' books for years and find it much better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Tony,

Treat yourself to the Camperstop Europe book.

It has 157 pages of aires and stopovers in France. The main bonus though is that it also lists lots of places for the rest of Europe as well. Handy if you visit a lot of other countries which I know you do. ;)

Its the only book I bother with now, backed up by country specific apps and poi's.

https://www.vicarious-shop.com/Camperstop-Europe-2016-ISBN-9789076080444.html

Pete

OP
OP
tony_g
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
:)
Tony,

Treat yourself to the Camperstop Europe book.

It has 157 pages of aires and stopovers in France. The main bonus though is that it also lists lots of places for the rest of Europe as well. Handy if you visit a lot of other countries which I know you do. ;)

Its the only book I bother with now, backed up by country specific apps and poi's.

https://www.vicarious-shop.com/Camperstop-Europe-2016-ISBN-9789076080444.html

Pete
Yes Pete, you're right. On reflection I realise that I'm just accustomed to having All the Aires around. We've been to so many places in France we can probably do it in our sleep! Having said that, most of our time in France now is just passing through en route to somewhere else. Your book recommendation and @Minxy Girl are very useful, coupled with the fact that I have put the campincarinfos and campercontact poi's on to Co-Pilot. Belt and braces, that's me! :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you have android tablet or phone, try this app, it's just called France Aires and if you look in the store it's the one with a green camping car on it, think it's a pound or something like that but it is just a simple app for finding the nearest Aires to where you are, nothing fancy but it gets you there, never failed with us.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
The ONLY "bible" you need is CAMPERSTOP. They also do a good app.

colyboy

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We could have a competition.

Does anyone know of a legitimate official aire that isn't in any of the publications, apps or websites mentioned on this thread?

No lay-bys, wild spots or unofficial parking places allowed (y):D

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Apps seem to be the way to go these days, but if you must have a book I've always found the more up-to-date than others. While much is made of the language that guides are written in this really is unimportant.. Coordinates and addresses written in English, look exactly the same as coordinates and addresses written in French :) And little guide icons of things like, wifi, dog, a tap, a cycle etc even though they were drawn in French are easily recognisable by us Brits :)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
We could have a competition.

Does anyone know of a legitimate official aire that isn't in any of the publications, apps or websites mentioned on this thread?

No lay-bys, wild spots or unofficial parking places allowed (y):D

There is one in Séreilhac, between Limoges and Châlus on the N21 which has been open about 18 months - 2 years now, but haven't seen it in any guides yet.

Just found it, using Google, on i-Camping Car, so it may be on other listings.

I was involved in the official inauguration of a borne in Bussière Galant at Espace Hermeline and haven't find that anywhere yet.

J

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There is one in Séreilhac, between Limoges and Châlus on the N21 which has been open about 18 months - 2 years now, but haven't seen it in any guides yet.

Just found it, using Google, on i-Camping Car, so it may be on other listings.

I was involved in the official inauguration of a borne in Bussière Galant at Espace Hermeline and haven't find that anywhere yet.

J
So why haven't you submitted them? :) CamperContact welcomes new aires being added and I am sure the other guides are the same.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's about time that book was renamed to "Some of The Aires".
Don't get me started on that :mad:... whilst I really do think they do a great job producing a book that has opened many a Brit's eyes to the use of aires, it does annoy me greatly that many think it DOES contain all the aires whereas it certainly does not.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't get me started on that :mad:... whilst I really do think they do a great job producing a book that has opened many a Brit's eyes to the use of aires, it does annoy me greatly that many think it DOES contain all the aires whereas it certainly does not.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
It's ok for general planning if you want to know there will be one there, but certainly, nowhere near all of them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back