Can anyone help with finding this catch.. (1 Viewer)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Its a locking mechanism that locks all the drawers on my A class Euramobil...

Found a plastic one but need metal really.

Cheers 20160814_184947.jpg 20160814_184929.jpg 20160814_184942.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
No idea where to get them sorry, but nice to see a substantial lock being fitted

But then I guess if it has broken maybe not as substantial as it looks, but it does look hefty just to keep a cupboard door closed

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
the two rods operate a drop/lift system, that locks and unlocks 8 drawers with one knob.. its not broken, just worn, and while i had it in bits ( many swears) i though i would try and find a new one before i effect a repair.. its only the left hand plastic part that lets the spindle spin in that causes an issue .. SWMBO is losing the will to live with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
swap it for the drawer that always sticks or is too heavy to ever think about sliding out on its own

you must have one of those as well :)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If the spindle is spinning can you do something about that? For example, wrap some cling film around the spindle so it doesn't stick, then put some body filler like Plastic Padding in the socket, push the spindle in and wait until it sets - a few minutes. Just make sure the spindle is aligned correctly which probably means assembling it all very quickly before the filler sets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
If the spindle is spinning can you do something about that? For example, wrap some cling film around the spindle so it doesn't stick, then put some body filler like Plastic Padding in the socket, push the spindle in and wait until it sets - a few minutes. Just make sure the spindle is aligned correctly which probably means assembling it all very quickly before the filler sets.
If i cant get a new a new one, then yes , there are things i can do, might drill the rivets out, and print the plastic bits in metal... bit of overkill , but it will stay fixed, or plan C is just to use metal tape.

Its one of things where someone somewhere knows, i wont be filling in an email , and waiting 4 weeks for a new one, i need it back together for friday lol.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back